- What is Faithlife? Why do I have an account with them?
In August 2014, the company known as Logos Bible Software rebranded as Faithlife Corporation. We are the same company as before, with the same people, and we are still the makers of Logos Bible Software; but Faithlife also encompasses the many other services we offer to serve the Church. The Faithlife family includes Proclaim Church Presentation Software, Mobile Ed, Vyrso, Lexham Press, and so much more. All of these tools are connected by a single account—your Faithlife account. Learn more about Faithlife.
If you previously created an account on Logos.com it is still active and valid. It has simply been renamed as your “Faithlife Account”.
- What are my Faithlife login and password?
Your web login is the email address you used to register your account. Your user–created password was entered during the new user registration process. Both email address and password can be changed once you have logged into your Faithlife Account.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it online by entering your email address. If you do not have access to your email account anymore, contact customer support by phone at (800) 875–6467 or by email at email@example.com.
- I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
If you know which email address you used to sign in, you can reset your password here.
- I’ve experienced a problem with my account or Logos application. What should I do?
Our Customer Service Center would be glad to assist you by email or phone at (800) 875–6467. Visit Logos.com/contact for our hours of operation.
Tip: If you’re experiencing a more technical issue, like an “error” or “crash”, please visit our Support Page for possible solutions. If your issue is not covered, you might consider emailing our Technical Support Department. You’ll find instruction for reporting these issues on Windows here. Mac users, click here.
- Can I use my Faithlife account on my mobile devices?
Yes, and when you register the account you get 30 free books, and the ability to add notes, highlights, and favorites. If you’re already a Logos user, you’ll also get access to your current library.
- What is the End–User License Agreement (EULA)?
The EULA is the license every user agrees to when he or she installs a copy of Logos Bible Software. In essence, the EULA says the software can be used by one user on multiple devices. Your base package is yours for your own personal use and can be used on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and other devices at home or at work. Read a copy of the license agreement for more information.
You can view our Privacy Statement here.
- What am I allowed to do with Faithlife / Logos media? Is it copyrighted?
Logos 7 and Logos Now deliver a rich set of media collections, which raises some questions: What am I allowed to do with Faithlife / Logos media? Is it copyrighted? Do I have to ask permission to show it in front of an audience? What about posting to social media?
The answer is: It depends on the media. Logos media collection slides, videos, and still photographs are released under four different licenses: Public Domain, Logos Free, Logos User, and Copyrighted. For more information please read permissions & copyright for Logos Media.
- Why was an item in my cart replaced with a different item automatically?
If you add a product to your cart that is fully contained within another product, we will remove the smaller of the two products so you don't pay twice for the same resources.
For example, if you are purchasing the Logos 7 Feature Set, and then you add a Logos Now Membership to your cart, we will remove the Logos 7 Feature Set because that item is contained within a Logos Now membership. If you want to become a Now member and purchase a Logos Feature Set, you’ll need to check out with each product separately.
- If I live outside the US, what currency will be used for my order?
All order on Logos.com will be purchased using USD.
- What is Logos Bible Software?
Logos is the world’s leading Bible software. Its massive networked libraries, fast searches, original language tools, and helpful Bible–knowledge features help you draw insight from the Word. The software’s beautiful media allows you to easily share these insights with others. No matter what device you’re using—Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android—you can take your library anywhere.
- What is a base package?
A base package is made up of two essential parts:
- A theological library spanning reference works, ancient writings, and current biblical scholarship
- A Logos 7 Feature Set, including research tools and datasets that work together with your library
The power of Logos 7 is how these two work together. The Logos 7 libraries are curated to help you get the most out of the Logos 7 Feature Set. You can learn more about base packages here.
- How is a library different from a base package?
A library is a bundle of resources, carefully balanced across many categories: commentaries, Bible dictionaries, original language references, and many more. A library does not include the Logos Feature Set, which organizes the content from the library resources. A base package is a library plus a Logos Feature set.
- What is a Logos Feature Set?
The Logos Feature Sets are the tools, datasets, interactive content, and media that make Logos 7 functional. It can also be thought of as the “software” portion of Logos 7.
- Do I need a Logos 7 Full Feature Set if I have Logos Now?
With a Logos Now membership, you have access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set, which includes:
- Logos 7 Full Feature Set
- Logos 8 Early Access Features
- New, subscription-only features
However, if you are a Logos Now member and wish to own the Logos 7 Full Feature set, you can purchase it at a discounted price..
- Why did the cart replace the Logos Feature Set when I added a Logos Now membership?
In order to ensure that customers don’t purchase the same item twice, we remove the Logos 7 Feature Set when a Logos Now membership is added to the cart. This is because the Logos 7 Feature Set is contained within a Logos Now membership. If you want to become a Now member and purchase a Logos Feature Set, you’ll need to check out with each product separately.
- Where can I learn about what’s new in Logos 7?
To learn more about the new features, functionality, and resources you can get with Logos 7, visit Logos.com/7.
- Where can I learn more about using Logos 7?
The best place to begin is the Logos Pro page. You’ll also want to read the Logos blog, where we explain many of the new features in Logos 7. In addition, we have an active community of forum users who are eager to teach new users how to get the most out of our software. Finally, you may want to consider attending a Camp Logos seminar with authorized trainer Morris Proctor.
- Are there any special pricing options available?
- I thought Logos software updates were free—why do I have to pay to upgrade?
We offer free updates to the software to keep our promise that you’ll never have to pay twice for your books, and that the software to read your books on new versions of your operating system will be free. You don’t pay for updates at all, and depending on how long you have been using Logos Bible Software, you have probably already received dozens of free updates since your initial purchase.
You can think of it this way: “free updates ensure that you won’t have to pay to maintain access to content you’ve already purchased.” Since that’s a mouthful to say, some people have abbreviated that to “free updates for life,” which is easier to say, and has effectively been the case.
As far as “upgrades,” you can “upgrade” to any package—even “Starter”—and only pay for the new content, tools, datasets, etc., in that package, calculated off what you have already invested in. Typically, upgrades contain thousands of dollars’ worth of content for a small fraction of the price you would pay if you purchased the content individually. Click here to learn more about upgrading versus updating.
- Why should I upgrade?
You should upgrade to take advantage of the best value you may ever encounter on a library, and to make sure you have the latest and greatest tools for Bible study. The new base packages contain hundreds to thousands of dollars of new content for pennies on the dollar. What’s more, with dynamic pricing your resources are tallied and you receive a custom discount toward your new base package. You only pay for the new content—nothing more.
- Where can I see a list of all the contents in each package?
All the Logos Bible Software base packages have been reconfigured with new content for Logos 7. For a complete list of the exact contents in each package, visit our compare libraries page.
- What happens to books I’ve already purchased if I upgrade to Logos 7?
You keep them all! You won’t lose any books by upgrading. In fact, dynamic pricing analyzes the books you already own, so your current library counts as credit toward your Logos 7 base package.
- What are the actual download sizes for each Logos Base Package?
Logos Base Packages download size varies depending on the package. You can estimate your download size using the approximations below.
Approximate Resource Download Size Per–Package:
- Starter 5.99 GB
- Bronze 7.89 GB
- Silver 8.71 GB
- Gold 9.98 GB
- Platinum 11.41 GB
- Diamond 13.29 GB
- Portfolio 14.79 GB
- Collector’s Edition 20.09 GB
Note: Logos 7 will require more space than listed above if you own additional resources or collections. Actual download sizes will vary by user. These approximations do not include the size of the actual application files or the index. The download sizes above do not reflect the mobile apps. Logos for mobile devices is cloud–based and only uses storage for the application and individual resources you may choose to manually download.
- Will I lose any features or datasets when I upgrade to Logos 7?
Absolutely not! When you upgrade to a new Logos 7 base package, not only do you get brand–new features and datasets—you also keep everything you already have in Logos 6. And it doesn’t matter which new Logos 7 base package you choose. Upgrading only gives you more features and datasets—it doesn’t take anything away.
- Will I lose my notes, highlights, and favorites when I upgrade to Logos 7?
No. Your notes, highlights, and favorites, when synced to the cloud, will transfer to Logos 7 as long as you have internet connection.
- Do I need to uninstall Logos 4, 5 or 6 before I upgrade?
No. Your Logos 7 upgrade will replace your existing software installation (but not your books and features). If you remove Logos from your computer, you will need to re–download all of your Logos content in Logos 7.
- I just upgraded to Logos 7 and downloaded my books, but my software still says an older version of Logos. How can I get the Logos 7 engine?
If you are upgrading from Logos 4 or 5 to Logos 7, your new books will automatically download when you restart the software; however, you may need to manually install the new Logos 7 engine. If your computer meets the system requirements for Logos 7, locate the install link on your Order Summary email and follow the instructions.
- I bought a USB drive. When will my order arrive?
Most non–download orders typically arrive in 5–7 business days. Please allow extra time for delivery during the holiday season or if the drive is being shipped internationally.
- What’s the difference between the USB and download versions? What is a “media-only” USB.
If you don’t have high–speed internet, you can purchase any of our base packages on a USB drive. You will receive a USB and may receive an attached serial number with your order for activation.
Most users prefer to download the software instead. Your Logos Bible Software download begins as soon as your purchase is complete, and can be re-downloaded at any time as needed.
The media-only USB is a USB backup of your books, but will require the Logos Core Engine to run. You will need this in-addition to your base package purchase.
- Is Logos available in languages other than English?
Yes, Logos is available in the following languages:
- What is Logos Now?
Logos Now is a membership program. Members get access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set, members-only pricing on select products, free preview resources, access to the Logos Web App, and more.
- What is the Logos Cloud Feature Set?
The Logos Cloud Feature Set includes all the Logos Bible Software features currently available.
- All the Logos 7 Features
- All the Logos 8 early release features
- New, subscription-only features
- What is the Logos Web App?
The Logos Web App gives you access to your entire Logos library from any web-enabled device and contains powerful features like the Passage Guide, Exegetical Guide, and Sermon Starter Guide, and tools like the Factbook and Atlas, right in your browser. With your Logos Now membership you get exclusive access to the beta version of the web app.
- How can I access the free preview resources?
Your free preview resources will automatically download to your software when it syncs. You can view the current preview resources here.
- Do I need to own a Logos 7 base package to use Logos Now?
No, Logos Now gives you access to all of the Logos Bible Software features, including those in Logos 7. However, you will need library resources to make better use of the features.
- I already own a Logos 7 (or previous) base package. Why Logos Now?
If you are not a Logos Now member, your software is out of date. If you have a previous version of Logos, you will get the Full Feature Set of Logos 7, plus all the Logos 7 early release features, plus the new, subscription-only features. Additionally, members enjoy numerous other benefits that help the membership pay for itself, including member-only pricing and access to the web app.
- I have a payment plan. How does a membership impact my payment plan?
Payment plans and memberships are different things and will be seen as two separate transactions on your credit card statement.
- Can I get a monthly Logos Now membership?
No, Logos Now requires annual membership.
- What is my renewal price for Logos Now?
The regular price for a Logos Now membership is $99.99 annually. This also is the auto-renewal price.
- I paid $89.99 for my first annual price, do I save $10 on my annual renewals?
The $89.99 annual price is a limited-time offer for the first year of Logos Now, so your renewal price will be $99.99.
- What if I have a current monthly subscription to Logos Now?
Existing users who currently have a monthly subscription to Logos Now will be given all the benefits of the new Logos Now membership, and will be able to auto-renew through December 31st 2016. Monthly subscribers are encouraged to call Customer Service (800-875-6467) to ensure no lapse in their Logos Now membership. Monthly subscribers will save with an annual membership.
- What happens if I cancel my membership?
You will lose access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set and all additional member benefits included in Logos Now. Anything you purchased and that is permanently licensed to you, including the Logos Core Engine, will still be available and yours to use. Possible scenarios:
- If you never purchased a base package, when you cancel your membership, you will only have the Logos Core Engine.
- If you own Logos 4 and are a Now member, when you cancel your membership, you will lose access to Logos 7 features, Logos 8 early access features, and subscription-only features.
- If you own Logos 7 and are a Now member, when you cancel your membership, you will lose access to Logos 8 early access features, and subscription-only features.
- How can I cancel my membership?
You can cancel your membership by calling our customer service department at (800) 875-6467. You will be refunded as long as you cancel within the 30-day return period. Once past the 30-day return period, your membership is non-refundable and you will continue to have full access to all member benefits until the end of the annual membership term.
- How can I stop my membership from auto-renewing?
There are two ways to stop auto-renewal of your membership:
- You can turn off your your auto-renew on the website in your account settings.
- You can also stop auto-renewal by calling our customer service department at (800) 875-6467.
- What’s the difference between free software updates and the features I get with a Logos Now membership?
Software updates differ from software upgrades in that they do not include new content and features. Logos Now membership includes access to all the new and upgraded features included in the Logos Cloud Feature Set.
- Where can I see the membership benefits?
You can see a complete list of the Logos Now benefits here.
- What early access features are available to Logos Now members?
You can see all the Logos early access features that have been made available to Logos Now here.
- Does the Logos Cloud Feature Set work offline?
Yes. The Logos Cloud Feature Set is accessed through your Logos desktop app and most features are available offline. You have to be online to install the features initially, but it will work offline after that. You will also have access to an online version of the software, which does require an Internet connection. Features like Media Browser will require an Internet connection to access your media.
- How do I install the Logos Cloud Feature Set?
If you are a current Logos user, access to Logos Cloud Feature Set will happen automatically the next time you log-in after you subscribe. If you are a new user, or are installing on a new machine, visit our installation page.
- Some ways you can learn to use Logos today:
- Logos comes with help files within the software. Open the help files by clicking on the question mark icon at the top-right corner of the program, typing Help in the Command Bar, or pressing the F1 key.
- You can learn how to use Logos features from Logos Pros here.
- A tutorial resource is included in all Logos 7 base packages. You can find it by searching in the Command Bar for “Logos 7 Quick Start”. Logos 7 Quick Start training is provided by Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
- I purchased a USB copy of Logos. How do I install Logos from the USB?
- Insert USB flash drive into USB slot.
- Locate the setup file and double–click to run it.
- Sign in with your Logos.com account, or create one.
- Enter your 20–digit serial number. (this does not apply for the media-only USB)
Installation normally takes around 15 mins.
For additional help visit https://www.logos.com/usbinstall
- How do I install my new software?
For step–by–step instructions, visit our installation guide.
- I just purchased a book. How do I install it?
Logos downloads your books automatically. If you’ve completed your purchase, simply restart Logos and the download indicator should appear near your system clock.
- I already own the Logos desktop application. What is the best way to install it?
If you already own Logos, the best way to install (or reinstall) is by download. Please visit our Installation Page for download instructions.
- I got Logos 7. How do I install all the existing books that I used in Logos 6?
If you have already activated⁄unlocked your Logos 6 resources, Logos will automatically download those resources from our servers, along with the base package that you purchased. You can also load books from your Logos 7 USB drive by inserting the USB flash drive into the USB slot, locating the setup file and double–clicking on it to run it. Then sign in with your Logos.com account (or create one) and enter your 20–digit serial number.
- Now that I’ve installed Logos, what’s next?
The Logos desktop application is a very large and expansive research tool, but you can quickly search your entire library right from the Home Page. Simply, enter a passage or word you wish to study into the search bar and click “Go”. You’ll get results from your entire library, including your top Bibles, Commentaries and other reference works.
- How do I choose which books show up first?
You can favor certain resources over others. Just open your library, click “Prioritize,” and drag in your favorite books.
- Is there a place where I can talk about Logos with other users, share tips, and get help along the way?
Yes! We have a very active community in our Forums, where you can chat with long–time “Power Users” and laymen alike.
- I’ve got a good handle on basic use, but I know I’m not using Logos to its full potential. Where can I learn to do more in Logos?
- I just purchased a book. How do I install it?
Logos downloads your books automatically. If you’ve completed your purchase, simply restart Logos and the download indicator should appear near your system clock.
- What is a resource?
A resource is any content in your Logos Bible Software that is licensed to you. This could be a book, media, dataset, or collection.
- If I upgrade to Logos 7, will I have to pay for books I already own?
The content you already own counts towards your own unique Dynamic Price, so you don’t have to pay for the books that you already own.
- What is Dynamic Pricing?
Dynamic Pricing subtracts from any collection or base package the cost of any content you already own, ensuring that you never have to pay for the same book twice. Occasionally due to publisher agreements some collections are not available for Dynamic Pricing.
- How do I get Dynamic Pricing?
Dynamic Pricing is applied automatically for all qualifying products; you just need to sign in to your Logos.com account.
- Do I have to repurchase all of my books?
No. Your existing Libronix DLS, Logos 4, Logos 5, and Logos 6 books will move with you to Logos 7. You don’t have to repurchase them.
- How do I install all the existing books that I use?
If you have already activated/unlocked your Logos 6 resources, Logos will automatically download those resources from our servers, along with the base package that you purchased. You can also load books from your Logos 7 USB drive by inserting the USB flash drive into the USB slot, locating the setup file and double–clicking on it to run it. Then Sign in with your Logos.com account (or create one) and enter your 20–digit serial number.
- How do I choose which books show up first?
Logos Bible Software uses advanced resource prioritization to determine which books are searched and displayed first in any situation. This means you can favor certain resources over others. Just open your library, click “Prioritize,” and drag in your favorite books.
- How do I purchase new books?
Logos Bible Software allows you to build a library tailored to your specific study needs. In addition to the books included in base packages, there are tens of thousands more books from over 150 publishers in the Logos ebook format with more coming in through Pre–Pub and Community Pricing all the time. All online purchases will require you to sign in to Logos.com. If you don’t have a current Logos.com account, you will need to register. Be sure to fill in all required fields. Returning users should sign in before shopping.
- Is it possible to use Logos on my Mobile Device?
- What features are available in the Logos Bible Software app?
The Logos Bible Software app includes some of our most popular features from the desktop software, including notes, highlights, Passage Guide, Bible Word Study, Exegetical Guide, Topic Guide, and text comparison. However, for the best Bible study experience a Logos base package for a desktop or laptop computer is the best option.
- Do I need to be connected to internet for the app to work?
It depends—you will need to be connected to the internet via your mobile data provider or Wi–Fi to access all the features and resources of the app. We currently offer offline reading support for owned resources, private notes, highlights, and limited search when you are not able to access the internet. Guides, full search, word lookup, and community notes require an internet connection. To learn how to download a book for offline reading, please click here.
- I have a Logos base package. Will I be able to see all my books in the Logos Bible Software app?
Most books in the Logos Base Packages are supported on mobile. However, a few of our older resources may not be available at this time. We are working with all of our publishers to ensure these resources can be available and they will be added as quickly as possible.
- What devices support the Logos Mobile apps for Android?
- Do I have to register my account on my mobile device?
No, but when you register you get 30 free books, and the ability to add notes, highlights, and favorites. If you’re already a Logos user, you’ll also get access to your current library.
- How much do the apps cost?
Our mobile apps are free to download from their respective marketplaces, but can be enhanced with additional books by linking to a Faithlife account with purchases.
- Which free books will I have access to on my mobile device?
The specific list of titles may vary over time. To ensure unrestricted access to a free resource, consider purchasing it at Logos.com.
- Do I have to be a Logos customer to use the mobile app?
No. Our application is free for anyone to use and can be downloaded from the app store. However, if you are a Logos user, the app will give you access to books from your Logos library.
- Can I read my books offline?
The current version of our app offers limited offline reading by pre–downloading resources to your device (requires an internet connection via your wireless carrier or Wi–Fi). Learn More
- What’s the difference between the iPhone and iPad app?
The app is essentially the same for both devices. They use the same general interface, menus, and application from the App Store, but they may appear differently based on screen size available.
- Will the Logos Bible app work with my specific iOS Device? Do I have enough space?
The app will run on any device running iOS 5.1 or later. The app itself does not take up much space at all, but installing offline books may require additional storage. Learn More
- Where can I learn more about using the app?
Our free online training materials are constantly being updated. Visit our iOS Training Page for training on using the iOS app. Visit the Android Training Page for training on using the Android app on both Android devices and Kindle Fire.
- What is a payment plan?
A payment plan gives you the option to spread your payment out over several months. If the one–time price is a bit too much, a payment plan can lighten the load.
- Who qualifies for a payment plan?
Anyone with a billing address in an approved country. Currently all countries are approved except the following:
- Which orders qualify?
All orders over $100.00 (including tax and shipping) with a Logos 7 Library and/or Logos 7 Feature Set.
- How long can my payment plan be?
We offer payment plan options from 2 months to 20 months, depending on the size of your purchase. You will see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart.
- What will my payment be?
Monthly payments are based on order total including tax and shipping, excluding the price of subscription products that may be on the order. The payment will vary depending on order size, the number of months you choose, and the amount of your initial payment. You can see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart, and use the selector to see how your monthly payments would change based on your choices.
- Do you require a downpayment?
Depending on the size and length of the plan being established, we will sometimes ask users to make an initial payment which will be greater than the monthly payments to follow. This will be clearly shown in the shopping cart.
- Why am I charged a service fee? Is that interest?
The $5 monthly service fee is not interest, but is collected to cover the very real administrative costs associated with the payment plan.
- Is a payment plan consistent with good stewardship?
Payment Plans, like credit cards, can be used either constructively or carelessly. We offer payment plans as a purchase option to allow individuals the opportunity to invest in our Bible study tools in a way that works for them, within their budget constraints.
- What happens to the pennies that can’t be divided equally?
Any remaining pennies that cannot be divided equally are included with the initial payment. For example, an order totaling $300.04 paid over three months would be split into one payment of $100.02 followed by two payments of $100.01.
- How do I purchase a product using a payment plan?
Shop as usual! You will be presented with a payment plan option in your cart on Logos.com or you can call (800) 875–6467 and ask a sales representative to assist you with a payment plan.
- Can I combine multiple payment plans?
Yes. Call (800) 875–6467 and ask a representative how!
- Will my payment–plan fees be refunded if I return a product?
No. We do not refund payment–plan fees on returns.
- Can I put a pre-pub on a payment plan?
Currently we do not allow pre-pub orders to be put on payment plans.