Please Note: Logos Bible Software 6 may contain additional menus and features you will not have access to without a Logos 6 Base package Upgrade. While not required for basic use, an upgrade is strongly recommended to get the full benefit of this powerful tool.
See Also: What is the "Free Engine?", FAQ & System Requirements
Step 1: Download the Logos 6 Installer
If you don't own a Logos 6 Base Package, please purchase the free Logos 6 Core Engine to unlock your download. After you purchase the Logos 6 Core Engine or any other Logos 6 Base Package, a download link will be made available here.
Sign In Required: To purchase the Core engine, you must be signed into a Faithlife account with an valid billing profile, even though the product is free. You will not be charged.
Don't have an account? Register for Free!
Please return to this page after you've downloaded, if you require further instructions.
Step 2: Installing Logos
What to expect on Windows | Watch the Video
- Open the “LogosSetup.exe” file downloaded in Step 1 to begin the installation.
- Choose "Run". If your browser only gives you a "Save" option, click Save and then double-click the file from your downloads menu or folder to run the installer.
- When the downloads complete, the Logos Bible Software Setup will open. Click "Next" when prompted and follow the steps to complete the installation.
- You may be asked to reboot your computer during the installation process.
- Logos will open automatically after setup is complete. If it did not, you can open the application by double-clicking the Logos Bible Software icon on your Desktop.
What to expect on Mac | Watch the Video
- Open the “LogosMac.dmg” file downloaded in Step 1 to begin the installation.
- A new window will open. Drag the Logos icon to the Applications folder to install.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Logos icon to begin using Logos Bible Software 6.
- You will receive a one-time security prompt from OS X. Choose “Open� to continue.
What about Antivirus and Firewalls?
Logos Bible Software should be compatible with most security suites, but if you have any difficulty installing and you're using an Antivirus or Firewall, please visit our Antivirus Support page for assistance.
Step 3: Sign in to your Account
Now that installation is complete and you have opened the software, you should get a "Sign in" window. Sign in with your Faithlife account email and password (If needed, you can reset your password.).
Note: Logos Bible Software (company) has rebranded as Faithlife Corporation. If you were previously using a Logos account, nothing has changed. Your login information is exactly the same.
Signing in for the first time may take a while. Please do not interrupt the process.
Step 4: Downloading Resources
After signing in, the software will identify your account and prepare to download your unique library.
This includes any additional purchases you've made at Logos.com, Verbum.com, Vyrso.com and any Libronix DLS products you've activated or unlocked in the past. This also includes any notes, or other saved documents you may have previously created in Logos on another computer or device.
This may take a while. A high-speed internet connection is strongly recommended.
Step 5: Preparing your Library
After your download, the newly installed program will start with two automated processes:
- Preparing your library. This process does not require an internet connection, but may take a while to install and catalog your entire library on the hard drive.
- Indexing your library. Indexing powers all of your search capabilities in Logos. The computer must not be turned off or put to sleep until it is complete. For more information about indexing see the indexing training page.
Note: Download & Indexing time will vary according to the size of the library being downloaded and indexed. Please allow extra time for larger libraries. You will not get full search results until the indexing process is complete. Indexing large libraries can take hours.
After indexing is complete, Logos will be completely configured and ready to use. If you need to install to another computer, please repeat these steps on that computer. It is recommended to install to only one computer at a time, to improve download speeds.
If you need further assistance with installation, our Customer Service department would be glad to help. Please call 1(800)875-6467, or email email@example.com.
If you already have Logos 5 installed on your computer, there is no need to uninstall or download additional software. Logos 5 will automatically detect and upgrade your existing installation to Logos 6 the next time you open the program.
If you haven't purchased a base package yet, you can unlock the full potential of Logos 6 today by upgrading to a Logos 6 base package or by crossgrading! Learn more about the differences between updating, crossgrading, and upgrading here.
Note: Windows Vista and OS X 10.8 are not compatible with Logos 6. We strongly recommend upgrading your Operating System (OS) in order to use the newest software and access all Logos 6 has to offer. However, if you are unable to upgrade your OS, you can still download Logos 5 to access most of your Logos content. You can also view your resources online with the Biblia.com web client (some resources not available in the web client).
The core Logos software is available for free. It does not, in and of itself, include any resources or books. However, it will provide access to any Logos, Verbum, Vyrso or Libronix DLS resources you own, when you sign in with your Faithlife account.
Please keep in mind, while you will not lose access to previous features, some of those features may have changed in the transition. Some features will have similar names (e.g. "Verse Lists" to "Passage Lists") or will have new methods to achieve the same results. You should also note, with the free engine download, you may see menus for some features you do not own content for. If you'd like to get more out of Logos 6, please consider a Base Package Upgrade.
Looking for the free Logos 5 Core Engine? Visit our Logos 5 install page.
Looking for Logos Mobile Apps? Visit our Apps install page.