- What is Faithlife? Why do I have an account with them?
In August 2014, the company known as Logos Bible Software was rebranded as Faithlife. Today we are Faithlife, LLC. We are the same company and still the makers of Logos Bible Software, but Faithlife encompasses many other services to serve the Church. The Faithlife family of resources includes an integrated church platform, academic study resources, ebooks, and more. All of these tools are connected by a single account—your Faithlife account. Learn more about Faithlife.
If you previously created an account on logos.com, it is still active and valid. It has simply been renamed as your Faithlife account.
- What is my Faithlife username and password?
Your username is the email address you used to create your account. Your user-created password was entered during the account creation process. Both your email address and password can be changed once you have logged in to your Faithlife account.
- I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
If you know which email address you used to sign in, you can reset your password here.
If you do not have access to your email account anymore, contact customer support by phone at 800-875-6467 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’ve experienced a problem with my account or Logos software. What should I do?
Tip: If you’re experiencing a more technical issue, like an “error” or “crash,” please visit our Support Page for possible solutions. If your issue is not covered, you might consider emailing our Technical Support Department. You’ll find instructions for reporting these issues on Windows here. Mac users, click here.
- Can I use Logos on my mobile devices?
Yes. You can install Logos on all your favorite devices. When you log in to Logos apps using your Faithlife account, you will always have access to your library and most recent work.
- What is the End User License Agreement (EULA)?
You can view our EULA here.
The EULA is the license every user agrees to when he or she installs a copy of Logos Bible Software. In essence, the EULA says the software can be used by one user on multiple devices. Your base package is yours for your own personal use and can be used on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and other devices at home or at work.
You can view our Privacy Statement here.
- What am I allowed to do with Faithlife/Logos media? Is it copyrighted?
Logos 9 delivers a rich set of media collections, which raises some questions: What am I allowed to do with Faithlife/Logos media? Is it copyrighted? Do I have to ask permission to show it in front of an audience? What about posting to social media?
The answers to these questions depend on the media. Logos media collection slides, videos, and still photographs are released under four different licenses: Public Domain, Logos Free, Logos User, and Copyrighted. For more information, please read Permissions & Copyright for Logos Media.
- Why was an item in my cart replaced with a different item automatically?
If you are purchasing an individual book or collection, and then you add a bundle that contains the individual book or collection in your cart, we will remove the individual book because that item is contained within the bundle. This ensures you won’t pay for the same book twice.
- Why does it say that items in my cart have their prices dynamically reduced?
We offer dynamic pricing which automatically adjusts the price of a product based on its overlap with resources you already own. There are two types of dynamic pricing: 1) Ownership dynamic pricing which discounts collections based on what overlapping resources you already own. 2) Cart overlap dynamic pricing which discounts products in your cart if there is overlap between multiple collections.
Ownership dynamic pricing is displayed directly on product pages and search results and in your shopping cart. Cart overlap dynamic pricing is applied and displayable only in your cart, when applicable.
- What is Faithlife’s return policy?
We have a 30-day money-back guarantee return period on all non-subscription products. Once your product is returned, we will process your refund within 7–10 business days. Any specific item may be returned only once for the lifetime of your account. Please contact Customer Service at 800-875-6467 for help with your return.
- If I live outside the United States, what currency will be used for my order?
All orders on logos.com will be purchased using USD.
- Are there any restrictions on the coupon code I received?
You can view our coupon code restrictions and exclusions here.
- What is Logos Bible Software?
Logos is the world’s leading Bible software. Its massive networked libraries, fast searches, original language tools, and helpful Bible–knowledge features help you draw insight from the Word. The software’s beautiful media allows you to easily share these insights with others. No matter what device you’re using—Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android—you can take your library anywhere.
- What is a base package?
A base package is made up of two essential parts:
- A Logos 9 theological library that includes commentaries, reference works, and other helpful biblical resources
- A Logos 9 Feature Set made up of tools and datasets that work in coordination with your library to give you deep, powerful Bible study
The power of Logos 9 is how these two work together. Logos 9 libraries are curated to help you get the most out of the Logos 9 Feature Set. You can learn more about base packages here.
- What are datasets, and how do I use them?
Datasets are curated by a team of Bible specialists who have tagged common names, nicknames, pronouns, phrases, and numerous other data points within the Bible to help make your Bible study more efficient and effective. The power behind Logos is within the datasets.
- Where can I learn about what’s new in Logos 9?
To learn more about the new features, functionality, and resources you can get with Logos 9, visit logos.com/9.
- Where can I learn more about using Logos 9?
The best place to begin is the Logos Help Center. You’ll also want to read the Logos blog, where we explain many of the new features in Logos 9. In addition, we have an active community of forum users who are eager to teach new users how to get the most out of our software. Finally, consider attending a Camp Logos seminar with authorized trainer Morris Proctor.
- How do I redeem a Mobile Ed course included with my Logos 9 Silver (or above) purchase?
You will receive a coupon code via email and on your receipt. You can redeem that coupon code for any of our individual Mobile Ed courses. You can also visit this page for step-by-step instructions.
- Are there any special pricing options available?
Yes! Students and educational faculty can save on base packages and select resources with our Academic Program.
- I thought Logos software updates were free—why do I have to pay to upgrade?
We offer free updates to the software to allow you to read your books on new versions of your operating system. You don’t pay for updates at all, and depending on how long you have been using Logos Bible Software, you have probably already received dozens of free updates since your initial purchase.
- Why should I upgrade?
You should upgrade to make sure you have the latest and greatest tools for Bible study and to take advantage of the best value you may ever encounter on a library. The new base packages contain hundreds to thousands of dollars of new content for pennies on the dollar. What’s more, with dynamic pricing, your resources are tallied, and you receive a custom discount toward your new base package. You only pay for the new content—nothing more.
- Where can I see a list of all the content in each package?
All the Logos Bible Software base packages have been reconfigured with new content for Logos 9. For a complete list of the exact contents in each package, visit our compare libraries page.
- What happens to books I’ve already purchased if I upgrade to Logos 9?
You keep them all! You won’t lose any books by upgrading. In fact, dynamic pricing analyzes the books you already own, so your current library counts as credit toward your Logos 9 complete upgrade.
- If I own Logos 8 Bronze, and I want to get Logos 9 Bronze, will I lose any features or books?
No. You will gain the new features and books that are part of your Logos 9 Bronze complete upgrade.
- Will I lose my notes, highlights, and favorites when I upgrade to Logos 9?
No. When synced to the cloud, your notes, highlights, and favorites will transfer to Logos 9 as long as you have an internet connection.
- Where are all my notes? They aren’t where they were before.
You can learn more about the new Notes system and where to find your notes in Logos 9 here.
- What are the system requirements for Logos 9?
Please visit logos.com/system-requirements for complete details on system requirements.
- What operating systems does Logos run on?
Logos runs on Windows and Mac operating systems. Please visit logos.com/system-requirements for more on system requirements.
- I have a new computer/operating system. How do I get Logos back without purchasing again?
Just go to the Installation page and follow the directions. You can install as many times as you need to, to whatever operating system you need to, and on as many devices as you need to—as long as you aren’t sharing your library with another person. And remember, if you need quick access to Logos on a computer that doesn’t have the full desktop program installed, you can use the Logos web app at app.logos.com.
- Do I need to uninstall my previous version of Logos before I upgrade to L9?
No. Your Logos 9 upgrade will replace your existing software installation (but not your books and features). If you remove Logos from your computer, you will need to re-download all of your Logos content in Logos 9.
- I just upgraded to Logos 9 and downloaded my books, but my software still indicates I have an older version of Logos. How can I get the Logos 9 engine?
If you are upgrading from Logos 4 or 5 to Logos 9, your new books will automatically download when you restart the software; however, you may need to install the new Logos 9 engine manually. If your computer meets the system requirements for Logos 9, locate the install link on your Order Summary email and follow the instructions.
- I bought a USB drive. When will my order arrive?
Most non-download orders typically arrive in 5–7 business days. Please allow extra time for delivery during the holiday season or if the drive is being shipped internationally.
- What’s the difference between the USB and download versions? What is a “media-only” USB?
If you don’t have high-speed internet, you can purchase any of our base packages on a USB drive. You will receive a USB and may receive an attached serial number with your order for activation.
Most users prefer to download the software instead. Your Logos Bible Software download begins as soon as your purchase is complete and can be re-downloaded at any time as needed.
The media-only USB is a USB backup of your books but will require the Logos core engine to run. You will need this in addition to your base package purchase.
- Will you release a free version of Logos 9?
You can get Logos 9 Basic for free here.
- Is Logos available in languages other than English?
Yes, Logos is available in the following languages:
- I already have an English base package but am interested in purchasing one in a different language. Can the two be combined? How does it work?
Yes. English language resources are available in English, and foreign language resources are available in that language. You can choose which language to have the software display in. We also offer bilingual packages for certain languages.
- How can I learn Logos today?
- Logos comes with help files within the software. Open the help files by clicking on the question mark icon in the top-right corner of the program, typing Help in the Command box, or pressing the F1 key.
- You can learn how to use Logos features at the Logos Help Center here.
- A tutorial resource is included in all Logos 9 base packages. You can find it by searching in the Command bar for “Logos 9 QuickStart.” Logos 9 QuickStart training is provided by certified and authorized Logos Bible Software trainer Morris Proctor. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
- I updated to Logos 9. How do I install all the existing books I used in prior versions of Logos?
Logos will automatically download those resources from our servers, along with the base package that you purchased. You can also load books from your Logos 9 USB drive by inserting the USB flash drive into the USB slot, locating the setup file, and double-clicking on it to run it. Then sign in with your logos.com account (or create one) and enter your 20-digit serial number.
- I just purchased a book. How do I install it?
Logos downloads your books automatically. If you’ve completed your purchase, simply restart Logos, and you can access it just like you would any other resource in your library. If you don’t have a Logos 9 base package, you can go to app.logos.com/ to access your book.
- If I upgrade to Logos 9, will I have to pay for books I already own?
The content you already own counts toward your unique dynamic price, so you don’t have to pay for the books you already own.
- Is it possible to use Logos on my mobile device?
- If I start reading a book or make a note on the desktop or web app, can I pick up from where I left off in the mobile app?
Yes! As long as you are connected to the internet, your notes, highlights, etc. sync across all devices.
- What features are available in the Logos Bible app?
The Logos Bible app includes some of our most popular features from the desktop software, including the Notes, Highlighting, and Text Comparison Tools, as well as the Passage Guide, Bible Word Study, Exegetical Guide, and Topic Guide. However, for the best Bible study experience, a Logos base package for a desktop or laptop computer is the best option.
- Do I need to be connected to the internet for the app to work?
It depends. You will need to be connected to the internet via your mobile data provider or Wi–Fi to access all the features and resources of the app. We currently offer offline reading support for owned resources, private notes, highlights, and limited searching when you are not able to access the internet. Guides, full searching, word lookup, and Community Notes require an internet connection. To learn how to download a book for offline reading, click here.
- I have a Logos base package. Will I be able to see all my books in the Logos Bible Software app?
Most books in the Logos base packages are supported on mobile. However, a few of our older resources may not be available at this time. We are working with all of our publishers to ensure these resources can be available, and they will be added as quickly as possible.
- What devices support the Logos mobile apps for Android?
- Do I have to register my account on my mobile device?
No. However, when you do register, you get 30 free books and the ability to add notes, highlights, and favorites. If you’re already a Logos user, you’ll also get access to your current library.
- How much do the apps cost?
Our mobile apps are free to download from their respective marketplaces but can be enhanced with additional books by linking to a Faithlife account with purchases.
- Which free books will I have access to on my mobile device?
The specific list of titles may vary over time. To ensure unrestricted access to a free resource, consider purchasing it at logos.com.
- Do I have to be a Logos customer to use the mobile app?
No. Our application is free for anyone to use and can be downloaded from the app store. However, if you are a Logos user, the app will give you access to books from your Logos library.
- Can I read my books offline?
The current version of our app offers limited offline reading by pre-downloading resources to your device. This requires an internet connection via your wireless carrier or Wi–Fi. Learn more.
- What’s the difference between the iPhone and iPad app?
The app is essentially the same for both devices. They use the same general interface, menus, and application from the app store, but they may appear differently based on the available screen size.
- Will the Logos Bible app work with my specific iOS Device? Do I have enough space?
The app will run on any device running iOS 10 or later. The app itself does not take up much space, but installing offline books may require additional storage. Learn more.
- Where can I learn more about using the app?
Our free online training materials are constantly being updated. Visit our iOS training page for training on using the iOS app. Visit the Android training page for training on using the Android app on both Android devices and Kindle Fire.
- What is a payment plan?
A payment plan gives you the option to spread your payment out over several months. If the one-time price is a bit too much, a payment plan can lighten the load.
- Who qualifies for a payment plan?
Anyone with a billing address in an approved country. Currently, all countries are approved except the following:
- Which orders qualify?
All orders over $100.00 (including tax and shipping).
- How long can my payment plan be?
We offer payment plan options from 2 to 20 months, depending on the size of your purchase. You will see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart.
- What will my payment be?
Monthly payments are based on order total, including tax and shipping but excluding the price of subscription products that may be on the order. The payment will vary depending on order size, the number of months you choose, the items on the order, and the amount of your initial payment. You can see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart and use the selector to see how your monthly payments would change based on your choices.
- Do you require a down payment?
Depending on the size and length of the plan being established and the items contained in the order, we will sometimes ask users to make an initial payment that will be greater than the monthly payments to follow. This will be clearly shown in the shopping cart.
- Why am I charged a service fee? Is that interest?
The $5.99 monthly service fee is not interest but is collected to cover the very real administrative costs associated with the payment plan.
- Is a payment plan consistent with good stewardship?
Payment plans, like credit cards, can be used either constructively or carelessly. We offer payment plans as a purchase option to allow individuals the opportunity to invest in our Bible study tools in a way that works for them, within their budget constraints.
- What happens to the pennies that can’t be divided equally?
Any remaining pennies that cannot be divided equally are included with the initial payment. For example, an order totaling $300.04 paid over three months would be split into one payment of $100.02 followed by two payments of $100.01.
- How do I purchase a product using a payment plan?
Shop as usual! You will be presented with a payment plan option in your cart on logos.com, or you can call 800-875–6467 and ask a sales representative to assist you with a payment plan.
- Can I combine multiple payment plans?
Yes. Call (800) 875-6467 and ask a representative how!
- Will my payment plan fees be refunded if I return a product?
No. We do not refund payment plan fees on returns.
- Can I put a Pre-Pub on a payment plan?
Currently, we do not allow Pre-Pub orders to be put on payment plans.
Logos Digital Gift Cards
- Purchasing Digital Gift Cards:
- How do I send a gift card to someone?
We will ask you a few quick questions right after you check out to match your gift to the right person’s account. Our customer service team will reach out to you with any additional questions they might have while processing your gift.
- Can I use a coupon code to purchase a gift card?
We do not discount gift cards, and you cannot apply coupon codes to them in the cart. If you have a gift card along with other items in your cart, your coupon code may not work. You will have to check out with the gift card(s) separately.
- Is there a limit on how many gift cards I can purchase?
No! You can purchase as many gift cards as you’d like. If you’re buying more than one gift card, a customer service representative will contact you to make sure we send your gifts to the right people.
- How long does it take to process a gift card? (When will the recipient get my gift?)
While we make every attempt to deliver your gift card on the same day you place your order, please allow 24–48 hours for your gift to be fully processed.
- Can I return a gift card?
It depends. If we haven’t applied the gift card to the person’s account yet, a customer service representative can help you with a return. But once the gift is applied to the person’s account, we cannot issue a return.
- What if I change my mind about who I want to send a gift card to?
Similarly to returning a gift card, if we haven’t applied the gift to the original recipient’s account, we can make a change for you. You will need to reach out to Faithlife Customer Service as soon as you realize a change is needed. We cannot guarantee that all changes will be made.
- Can I see if the recipient has redeemed their gift card?
We’ll send you an email when your recipient gets your gift, but unfortunately, you will not be notified when the recipient actually uses their gift.
- Using Digital Gift Cards:
- What is a Logos digital gift card, and what products can it be used on? Can I use it on logos.com?
Yes! Digital gift cards will be applied to your account as credit. You can choose to apply credit during checkout on any of our websites or over the phone with a sales rep. You can see your credit balance at any time by visiting your credit settings page. Faithlife credit cannot be used to start new subscriptions.
- What’s the difference between a gift card and Faithlife/Logos credit?
A Faithlife gift card looks the same as Faithlife/Logos credit in someone’s account. The only real difference is that gift cards are given by people you know. You can use gift cards and Faithlife or Logos credit in the same way on any of our Faithlife websites or over the phone with a product expert.
- Can a gift card be applied to a payment plan?
If you would like to apply a gift card credit to a new or existing payment plan, please call us at 800-875-6467 to speak with our accounting team.
- Can gift cards be applied to Pre-Pub orders?
Yes. If you visit your credit settings page, you can select to have your available credit used before your credit card on Pre-Publication orders.
- Can a gift card be applied to a subscription payment/renewal?
Yes. If you visit your credit settings page, you can select to have your available credit used before your credit card on subscription/renewal payments. Note that credit cannot be used to start a new subscription.
- Are there blackout days when gift cards can’t be used?
No, you can use your credit at anytime until your balance runs out.
- Does my gift card credit ever expire?
No, your gift card credit will remain on your account until you have used the entire balance.
- Purchasing Group Licenses:
- What is a group license?
A group license allows you to buy a digital license of a resource and distribute it to others.
- Why do I have to create a group if I want to buy multiple quantities of digital resources?
Faithlife groups are the tool we use for easy management and assignment of resources to others. If you decide to purchase a group license, you will be asked to create a new group or choose an existing group of which you are a member.
- I want to purchase the resources here for multiple groups. Do I have to make separate purchases?
Yes, group assignment is for your entire cart. You will need to make separate purchases for each group for which you would like to purchase a resource.
- How many copies do I need to buy?
Each license can only be assigned once—you will need to purchase as many copies as you have group members with whom you would like to share.
- Assigning & Using Group Licenses:
- How do I assign licenses I purchased?
Get started assigning group licenses by following these instructions.
- I purchased resources for my group but don’t have permission to assign them. What do I do?
Admin permissions are required to assign licenses in a group. If you purchased resources but don’t have permission to assign them, ask your group’s administrator for assistance. To find your group’s admin, click Directory in the navigation sidebar, then look for the group member(s) with the Admin tag. If you’re still having trouble, give us a call at 800-875-6467. We’re happy to help.
- I’m a group administrator who assigned copies of a resource for my group. How do I let them know?
Once you’ve given your group members access to a resource, they’ll receive a notification and email automatically that lets them know how to get started.
- Can I take a resource from one member and give it to another?
No, a resource cannot be shared by group members. Each member must have their own copy.
- I accidentally assigned one of my licenses to the wrong person. Can I switch it to another user?
- I accidentally assigned a license to someone who already owns this resource. What do I do?
- I accidentally purchased my licenses for the wrong group! Can I switch what group my licenses are applied to?
If you accidentally purchased a license for the wrong group, we can issue you a refund and help you reorder for the correct group. Please call our customer service number for help at 800-875-6467 or email email@example.com.
If you have not yet checked out, you can change the group you have selected from your cart by clicking “change group” at the top of your order summary.
- How can I see all the licenses I’ve purchased for my group?
Admin permissions are required to see licenses in a group.
If you purchased resources but don’t have permission to see them, ask your group’s administrator for assistance. To find your group’s admin, click Directory in the navigation sidebar and look for the group member(s) with the Admin tag.
As an admin, you can look at your group page on faithlife.com by clicking the “Settings” tab in the left sidebar. Then in the dropdown, click “Licenses” to see all the licenses purchased for your group, who is using them, and how many licenses you have left for each product. However, you are not able to see if the people you assigned licenses to have accessed their resource.
- I’m a group member who just heard that I have access to a new Logos resource through my group. How do I start using Logos?
Logos is available for your iOS or Android device, online at app.logos.com, and as a free downloadable desktop application with Logos Basic. For the most robust experience, download the Logos desktop application. Every Logos user has access to each platform, and your account information is automatically synced across platforms and devices.
When you access Logos, log in with the same account you use for your church group on faithlife.com.
- Why do I have to join a Faithlife group to receive resources from my church?
Faithlife groups are where we hold the licenses until they are assigned. After you receive your license, you do not need to remain in the group to retain access to your resource. However, a Faithlife group comes with many handy tools, so you may find that you want to use it to connect with your other group members about your resource.
- How does group licensed content work when users leave and join a group?
Logos resources that are purchased with a group license will stay with a member, even if they leave their Faithlife group. Their ownership is the same as if the user had purchased it for themselves on logos.com.
- Can I return a group license?
Group licenses follow Faithlife’s regular return policy.