Basics for Believers is for Christians taking their first steps of faith as well as experienced saints reexamining their spiritual foundations. Both will gain exceptional instruction and encouragement from this fresh look at the fundamental disciplines of the Christian life.
To ensure persistent progress in their journey of faith, Carson urges believers to:
- Put the gospel first in their relationships, prayer life, career goals, and personal choices.
- Take the right perspective on the cross and let it shape their outlook on suffering, witnessing, and persevering for the faith.
- Emulate Christian leaders who model compassion, faithfulness, confidence in Christ, and heavenly mindedness.
- Resolve never to give up the Christian walk but instead to pursue the same seven virtues Paul enjoins upon the Philippians.This summons to “get back to the basics” lays a solid foundation for withstanding storms that beat upon the house of faith today.
Don't miss the Crossway D.A. Carson Collection.
- Title: Basics for Believers: An Exposition of Philippians
- Author: D. A. Carson
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pages: 128
About D. A. Carson
D. A. Carson (PhD, University of Cambridge) is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He is the author or editor of more than forty books.