In April of 1954, William J. Schnell—an active Jehovah’s Witness for over 30 years—wrestled with God in prayer for an entire night. As a result, he entered into a new relationship with God. In this volume, Schnell retraces his journey from a place of frustration and defeat to a life lived in the light of Christianity. Along the way, he makes a discovery: “I [came] to the inevitable conclusion that a born-again Christian can only grow and mature if he or she constantly confesses his or her salvation to other men.” Into the Light of Christianity is a witness to Schnell’s experience of being born again, and his desire for others to experience the same freedom and assurance.
With Logos Bible Software, this valuable volume is enhanced with cutting-edge research tools. Scripture citations appear on mouseover in your preferred English translation. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful topical searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Offers insight into Jehovah’s Witness thought and theology
- Portrays an authentic conversion story
- Allows for comparison between orthodox Christianity and Jehovah’s Witness teaching
- Into the Light of Christianity
- My Lot Has Fallen in Pleasant Places
- “Rebellion Is as the Sin of Witchcraft”
- “Hearsay” Results in Cults
- How Russellism Started
- The Historic Christian Doctrine: Hell Is a Place of Eternal Punishment
- “Hell Is the Grave,” Say the Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Which Is True: Hell Is a Place of Eternal Punishment, or Hell Is the Grave?
- Man Is Created in the Image and Likeness of God
- “Man Is a Soul,” Say the Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Immortality of the Soul Brought to Light by Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ Is the Son of God
- Denial of the Deity of Christ Brands the Jehovah’s Witnesses as Un-Christians
- The Second Man Is the Lord from Heaven
- Christianity or Cults: Which?
- Title: Into the Light of Christianity
- Author: William J. Schnell
- Publisher: Baker Book House
- Publication Date: 1959
- Pages: 211
About William J. Schnell
William J. Schnell became a Jehovah’s Witness in 1921 and spent over 30 years in the movement. He separated from the movement in 1954 and became a born-again Christian. He wrote books about his experience, including Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave, Into the Light of Christianity, and Jehovah’s Witnesses Errors Exposed.