Logos Terms of Service
Last amended on: 6/22/2023
By establishing an individual User (defined below) account or registering a Community (defined below) at Logos.com, submitting an Order (defined below) or otherwise using any Logos (defined below) products or services (the “Services”), you certify that you have read, are authorized to agree to, on your own behalf, on behalf of your Community, or on behalf of a business, as applicable, and agree to be bound by these Logos Terms of Service (“Terms”). By entering into this agreement with Faithlife, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“Faithlife”), you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with us. If you are under the legal age to form a binding contract then your parent, guardian or other legal representative must agree to these Terms on your behalf and you hereby represent and warrant that they have done so. In no event shall a person less than thirteen (13) years of age create a personal account or store personal information.
These Terms apply to all of Logos’s Services, paid or unpaid, for use by Users or Communities.
- "User" means a person who: i. establishes a Logoos account for connecting and transacting with Logos as an individual consumer of Logos Services (examples: to purchase and use Logos Bible Software, watch Faithlife TV, or take a Mobile Ed course); ii. accesses any Logos Services pursuant to a license granted to a Community (examples: a church administrator who uses Faithlife Sites or creates a church group on Faithlife); iii. establishes a Logos account for connecting and transacting with their Community or accessing Community Services or resources (examples: to make a digital donation to their Community, post to the Community’s group, read a book shared with the Community, access a members only page on the Community’s website).
- “Communities” means faith-based organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit entities, and any other organization that licenses any Services for use by such Community and its Users.
- “Services” includes any and all individual or bundled Software, Content, and Subscriptions made available to you by Logos expressly including Logos Bible Software Services (“LBS”) and any Content provided through LBS.
- “Software” is end-user software and related explanatory written materials (“Documentation”) developed or licensed for distribution by Logos and includes any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the software. Software may be either downloadable or made available via the cloud.
- “Content” is digital or physical media including but not limited to electronic text, physical books or materials, video, graphics, audio, or other resources which are owned or licensed for distribution by Logos.
- “Subscriptions” are term-based Services that include: i. Software tools for specific individual use such as Bible study, or for group use such as church operations; and ii. Content for use by Users or Communities. Subscriptions may be paid or unpaid.
- “Order” means any purchase of Logos Software, Content, or Subscriptions whether paid or unpaid.
- “User Content” means any content uploaded or created by Users or Communities while using the Services
- “LBS License” means permission to access and use Logos Bible Software (LBS) and Content provided through LBS in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. The date on which these Terms were last amended is shown above. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. However, any changes to the dispute resolution provisions will not apply to any disputes for which the parties have actual notice before the date the change is posted. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. We encourage you to check https://faithlife.com/terms each time you access the Services so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
2. Who is Faithlife?
Faithlife develops and uses technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. This is the mission behind everything we make.
When we refer to “Faithlife”, “we”, “our”, or “us”, that means Faithlife, LLC and/or any of its subsidiaries, including but not limited to: Beacon Ads LLC, Faithlife SK LLC, and Church Tech Today LLC. When we refer to “you” or “your”, we refer to either (i) you in your individual capacity, if you procure the Services from Faithlife directly; (ii) you as a User accessing the Services through a Community; or (iii) the Community procuring the Services from Faithlife, in each case, as applicable.
3. Intellectual Property and Right to Use the Services.
You acknowledge that the Services are proprietary to Faithlife or its partners or suppliers and protected under intellectual property and other applicable laws. The Services are licensed, not sold. For all Services provided to a User by Faithlife, other than Faithlife’s Logos Bible Software Services (“LBS”) and any Content provided through LBS, Faithlife, LLC grants the User a worldwide, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted by Faithlife), non-sublicensable and royalty-free right and license under its intellectual property rights to use the Services, subject to these Terms and for the duration and subject to any other limits specified in the corresponding Order (any purchase of Faithlife Software, Content, or Subscriptions whether paid or unpaid constitutes an “Order”) (a “License”).
For LBS and Content provided through LBS only, Faithlife grants you a worldwide, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted by Faithlife), non-sublicensable and royalty-free perpetual right and license for the relevant Software and “unlocked” Content provided through LBS subject to these Terms and any other limits specified in the corresponding Order or(LBS License).
The Services may contain Content that is not licensed to you. This Content is “locked” in electronic form and is included for your convenience. Should you desire to “unlock” “locked” Content you may do so by placing an Order to purchase a license for it.
Each License or LBS License is valid only for an individual’s non-commercial purposes or internal commercial purposes consistent with the intended uses of the Software as described in the Documentation or elsewhere, or for the internal purposes of a Community and its Users, as applicable. Faithlife does not transfer any right, title or interest to the Services or other intellectual property rights owned or distributed by Faithlife, other than the rights granted in these Terms. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
4. Acceptable Use Policy.
Users and Communities accessing the Services shall not:
- Modify or adapt any Services, expressly including Content, or merge the same into another program or operation other than as expressly contemplated by the relevant Service or Documentation;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, make any attempt to discover or use the source code of any Services, or make any attempt to “unlock” or circumvent the digital copyright protection of any Services;
- Place all or part of any Service, expressly including Content, onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet or to any persons who are not licensed under these Terms in connection with the relevant Order, or otherwise offer all or part of any Service on a “service bureau” or shared basis.
- Sublicense, rent, lease or lend all or part of any Service or share, trade or sell any License except as expressly permitted by Faithlife;
- Upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of any Service; or
- Infringe upon the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Faithlife or other parties in connection with your use of the Services.
- Use the Services to compete with Faithlife.
- Use the Services to do or share anything that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- Use the Services to do or share anything that infringes on or violates someone else’s rights, including, without limitation, privacy rights.
- Use the Services to do or share anything that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Services to transmit, or procure the sending of any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- Use the Services to impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another User, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- Use the Services to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company, other Users of the Services or third parties, or expose them to liability.
- Access or collect data from the Services using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
- Use crawlers, spiders, programmable scripts or other automated technologies to browse, search or download images or other material.
5. Rights and Access Privileges for LBS Licenses.
LBS Licenses may ONLY be used on devices owned by the licensee in whose name the LBS License is registered. Each LBS License is granted for use by one human user only, even where the LBS License is registered in the name of an institution such as a church. We reserve the right to monitor use of the Services subject to LBS Licenses to detect, prevent and disable excessive simultaneous logins on different devices indicating use of the Services by more than one human user. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, or library licenses.
All graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through the Services are trademarks or trade dress of Faithlife, its partner brands, and its publishing partners in the US and other countries. Faithlife’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Faithlife’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Faithlife or any of its affiliated brands and sites.
7. User Content.
We assume no responsibility or obligation to screen any content you upload or create using the Services (“User Content”) or to monitor the Services for inappropriate or infringing User Content. Views expressed by Users through the Services do not necessarily represent our views or values. If you believe another User’s User Content violates these Terms, you can report that User to Faithlife customer support.
By using the Services you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right at any time to remove, block or disable any User Content that, in our sole judgment, violates these Terms or any applicable law, or may expose or subject us to liability of any kind, or may adversely affect the reputation or goodwill of Faithlife.
User Content belongs to its creator(s), and we do not claim ownership of any User Content. However, by creating and publishing and/or otherwise providing User Content through the Services, you expressly and irrevocably grant to us a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to host, store, cache, index, use, copy, reproduce, display, perform, publish and distribute your User Content for the purposes of providing, operating, managing, maintaining and improving the Services. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) the foregoing license will remain and continue in effect for as long as you maintain an account with Faithlife or use the Services or, where the relevant User Content was prepared under a License purchased by a Community, for so long as that Community uses the Services; and (ii) in the event you discontinue use of the Services, we may retain backup copies of all your User Content or other content for our internal archival and recordkeeping purposes and User Content you delete may remain available to other Users if they have not deleted it.
By creating and publishing and/or otherwise providing User Content through the Services, you also expressly authorize other Users forming part of your Community to access, view, use, copy, reproduce, display, perform, publish and distribute your User Content for their own lawful and personal use, or use in connection with your Community.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: By creating and publishing and/or otherwise providing your User Content through the Services, you expressly and irrevocably authorize Faithlife to act as your agent to issue, on your behalf and pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Title 17, U.S. Code) (the “DMCA”), notifications of claimed infringement to third-party websites and online/mobile service providers in the event your User Content is displayed, performed, or otherwise shown on such third-party sites or services without your consent or our consent.
By creating and publishing and/or otherwise providing User Content through the Services, you represent and warrant that: (i) you own or control all rights in and to your User Content; (ii) to the extent your User Content includes or utilizes any third-party property (such as material created by another person, or another person's name, voice, signature, photograph or likeness), you have secured all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary (A) for the inclusion/use of such third-party material in your User Content; and (B) for our or other User’s exercise of the rights granted herein by you with respect to your User Content; and (iii) your User Content is non-confidential and may be made available through the Services.
8. Faithlife’s DMCA Policy.
To comply with the DMCA we will respond to proper notifications of claimed copyright infringement and will take appropriate action including expediently removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing User Content. We also have a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the account of any User that is determined by us to be a repeat infringer and/or the accounts of any Community and its associated Users that are determined to be repeated infringers.
Designated Agent: The following is our Designated Agent for receiving notifications of claimed copyright infringement:
- By Mail: Faithlife, LLC, 1313 Commercial Street, Bellingham, WA. 98225
- By Telephone: 800-875-6467
- By Email: DMCA@faithlife.com
Notice of Claimed Copyright Infringement: Under the DMCA, a notification of claimed copyright infringement must include all the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Counter-Notification to Claimed Copyright Infringement: If we remove or disable access to your User Content in response to a DMCA notification of claimed copyright infringement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you, and you may make a counter-notification in writing with our Designated Agent listed above. A DMCA counter-notification must include all the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement by you under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you are located (or in King County, State of Washington, U.S.A., if you reside outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the notice of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
If we receive a proper counter-notification from you, we will notify the party alleging copyright infringement and will reinstate your User Content that was removed or disabled in not less than 10 business days and not more than 14 business days following our receipt of your counter-notification, unless the party alleging copyright infringement notifies us first that it/he/she has filed a court action against you. Please note that, under the DMCA, any person who knowingly makes material misrepresentations in a notification of claimed infringement or in a counter-notification may be liable for damages.
You hereby give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop the Services. Updates will be automatically downloaded (and possibly installed) when your computer is connected to the Internet. These updates help ensure that you have the latest version of the Services.
10. Marketing Communications.
When you register for an account with Faithlife you have the choice to opt into Faithlife marketing communications. If you later decide you want to discontinue receiving these materials, all our marketing communications include clear instructions for unsubscribing. Even if you unsubscribe, we may send you occasional emails about your account or the Services. Emails may be sent after you make a purchase (such as receipts, and with instructions on downloading, etc.), to provide important technical and support information about our products as well as notifications for in-product communications.
12. User Representations and Warranties.
You represent and warrant that you have right and authority to enter into these Terms. You shall provide commercially reasonable information and assistance to us to enable Faithlife to deliver the Services. You acknowledge that Faithlife’s ability to deliver the Services in the manner provided in these Terms may depend upon the accuracy and timeliness of such information and assistance.
You represent and warrant that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations.
13. User and Community Security Responsibilities.
Users and Communities are responsible for notifying Faithlife immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized use of any password or User ID or any other known or suspected breach of security. You agree to report the foregoing to Faithlife immediately and use reasonable efforts to stop any unauthorized use that is known or suspected.
14. Registration Requirement for Certain Services.
15. LBS Limited Warranty and Limited Remedy.
Limited Warranty for LBS Only. We warrant that for a period of 90 days after delivery of the copy of the LBS Software to you:
- if provided at all, any physical media on which the copy of the LBS Software is distributed will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use; and
- the LBS Software will perform in substantial accordance with the Documentation.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, regardless of whether we knew or had reason to know of your particular needs. No employee, agent, dealer or distributor of ours is authorized to modify this limited warranty, nor to make any additional warranties. THE LBS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE BASIS”.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Limited remedy for LBS Only. Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy regarding the LBS Software shall be:
- the replacement of any media not meeting our Limited Warranty which is returned to us or to an authorized Dealer or Distributor with a copy of your receipt; or
- If we or an authorized Dealer or Distributor are unable to deliver replacement physical or digital media or other media that is free of defects in materials or workmanship, you may terminate this Agreement by deleting, uninstalling or destroying all copies of the LBS Software and related Documentation and your money will be refunded.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE LBS SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. General Limitation of Warranty, Liability, and Indemnification.
WITHOUT IN ANY WAY LIMITING THE SECTION ENTITLED “LBS LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITED REMEDY”, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITH ALL FAULTS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICES, OR THE RESULTS OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. WE ALSO DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, AND ERROR-FREE; THAT ANY DEFECT OR ERROR WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE) THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE OR ANY OF OUR SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU AND/OR OTHERS FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE) THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF (I) THE AMOUNTS BY PAID BY YOU TO US IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM ARISING; OR (II) U.S.$100.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR TOTAL LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASE, OUR TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE) THE SERVICES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS US AND OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, ACTIONS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, JUDGMENTS, ORDERS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND LEGAL COSTS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (I) YOUR USE OR, IF YOU ARE A COMMUNITY, YOUR USERS’ USE, OF THE SERVICES; (II) ANY USER CONTENT CREATED, PUBLISHED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES BY YOU OR YOUR USERS (IF YOU ARE A COMMUNITY); (III) ANY TRANSACTION OR INTERACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICES; AND/OR (IV) YOUR OR YOUR USERS’ (IF YOU ARE A COMMUNITY) VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW.
17. Fees and Payment.
Fees. You agree to pay fees for the Services you order on any Faithlife website when you select a Service, typically by placing an Order, or that are otherwise communicated to you in writing ("Fees"). Fees are denominated and payable in United States dollars. All Fees paid are nonrefundable. All Fees are payable by credit card or other means of payment as authorized by Faithlife as further described below.
Surcharges. Fees are exclusive of any applicable sales, use, excise, import or export taxes, duties, value-added taxes, tariffs or similar surcharges (“Surcharges”). In the event Faithlife is required by law to withhold Surcharges on your behalf, Faithlife may pay such Surcharges to the authorized taxing authority and, upon demand, you agree to reimburse Faithlife for amounts paid.
Collection. You agree to reimburse Faithlife for any costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred to collect any Fees or Surcharges not paid when due.
Payment Processing. You acknowledge and agree that Faithlife uses a third-party payment processor for all credit card transactions. Payments made via credit card are subject to the terms and conditions of such payment processors, as well as the terms of your own banking institution or credit card provider. You hereby authorize Faithlife and its third-party payment processing provider to charge your credit card for all applicable Fees. You agree to provide us with accurate and timely credit card information. In the event that we are unable to charge Fees to the credit card provided, and you do not provide us with another valid credit card prior to the date on which you are due to be charged, then your ability to access and use the Services will be suspended or terminated in Faithlife’s sole discretion.
Suspension. Fees payable to Faithlife shall continue to accrue during any period of Service suspension. Amounts due must be paid in full as a condition precedent to Service reactivation, which reactivation will be in Faithlife’s sole discretion.
Payment for Subscriptions. Faithlife offers a variety of paid and non-paid Subscriptions for Services. Please see specific product pricing pages for pricing information.
All Subscriptions begin when we confirm your initial payment and renew thereafter on an automatic basis as described in your Order (e.g. monthly, semi-annually, annually, biennially or on some other basis). By subscribing, you agree to allow us to automatically renew your Subscription at the end of each Subscription period. Your Subscription will automatically renew on the renewal date shown in the “Subscriptions” section of your account page unless the Subscription is no longer offered. On the renewal date, the credit card associated with your account will be charged the then current rate for the Subscription (or the monthly portion due if you have an annual Subscription that is billed monthly).
We will do our best to provide notice of any changes to service terms or price at the time of the change. If a renewal payment fails, you will be notified via email. You will have 13 days to update your payment information before your Subscription will be suspended. All notices regarding your Subscription will be sent to the email address associated with your account. It is up to you to keep that email address current.
Free trials. Your Subscription may start with a free trial for a limited period of time. When combining free trials with other offers, restrictions may apply. Free trials are for new and certain former subscribers only. We reserve the right to determine your free-trial eligibility. Some free trials will not allow auto-renewal. To continue service on free trials without automatic renewal, you will need to subscribe and have an active credit card on file on your account. Some free trials will be subject to auto-renewal, and require a credit card to be on file at the time the trial starts. In these instances we will begin billing you for your Subscription at the end of the free-trial period unless you cancel automatic renewal (see Cancellation/Termination) prior to the end of the free-trial period. Please keep a record of when your free-trial period ends. You are responsible for canceling the automatic renewal of your Subscription in a timely manner.
How to manage your Subscription. You can view billing cycle information, manage your Subscription by visiting “Subscriptions” on your account page (store.faithlife.com/account/Subscriptions). Contact numbers for the Company can be found at www.faithlife.com.
Cancellation/Termination. To cancel your Subscription you must click “Cancel Subscription” from the "Subscriptions" section of your account page and follow the instructions given. Once you’ve done this, your Subscription will not automatically renew at the next renewal date. If you cancel an annual subscription that is being billed monthly, your credit card will be charged for the remaining payments due on the established billing cycle. You will have full access to the Services subject to the Subscription until the end of your existing subscription term.
19. LBS Term and Termination.
Your LBS License becomes active upon the earlier of registration (if required) or your first use of the Services and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate your LBS License at any time by contacting the Company by phone or email and requesting to shut down your account. Your LBS License will also automatically terminate if you materially breach these Terms. You agree on termination of the LBS License to either return to us or uninstall or destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. These Terms apply to this and future versions of the Software and Content, including automatically downloaded updates.
20. Chargebacks and Disputes.
In the event that your account receives a charge from Faithlife that you don't recognize or remember authorizing, you agree to first resolve any matter with Faithlife via phone or email before filing a chargeback with your bank or credit card company so we can help you handle any billing issues and avoid mistakes that could result in the termination of the Services.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other written or oral agreement between you and Faithlife, or any Documentation or published Faithlife policy, these Terms shall govern.
IMPORTANT: COMPULSORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER; WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL.
22. Compulsory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration before a single arbitrator in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and unappealable. The arbitration shall be conducted in Seattle, Washington, unless the parties mutually agree otherwise, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Faithlife may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect our intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If either Faithlife or you want to arbitrate a dispute, Faithlife and you each agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/information, and the proposed resolution. Notice to you will be sent to the billing address that you have provided us and notice to us will be sent to: 1313 Commercial Street, Bellingham, WA 98226. Faithlife and you each agree to make attempts to resolve this dispute within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate. Thereafter, either Faithlife or you may submit the dispute to formal arbitration.
Both you and Faithlife each agree not to pursue arbitration on a consolidated or classwide basis. Both you and Faithlife each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and Faithlife (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual's claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction in unconscionable or unenforceable, then this agreement to arbitrate does not apply and the dispute must be brought in court.
NO CLASS ACTIONS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CONSOLIDATED OR CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION, OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
NO TRIAL BY JURY. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION, OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
23. Governing Law.
These terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without reference to conflict of laws provisions thereof.
If you have any concerns or questions about these Terms, please contact Faithlife’s Compliance Team at email@example.com or by physical mail to:
Attention: Faithlife Compliance Team
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA. 98226