Guides to Biblical Scholarship Series (10 vols.)•
Fortress Press 1971–2002
Your Custom Discount
This helpful series clearly explains and demonstrates the most significant methods of biblical criticism in both Old and New Testament studies. Some of the most influential works and innovative insights in biblical studies have been based on one or more of these approaches to biblical criticism. Unfortunately, it’s easy to get lost in the technical theories and terminology without the proper orientation. The Guides to Biblical Scholarship series provides that needed orientation. Whether it is New Testament theology and narrative criticism or Old Testament form and literary criticism, this collection offers clear and concise guides to these influential approaches—enabling students of the Bible to engage the scholarly field and arrive at a deeper understanding of Scripture.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture and ancient-text citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches with the Topic Guide to instantly gather relevant biblical texts and resources, enabling you to jump into the conversation with the foremost scholars on issues within biblical criticism. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place so you get the most out of your study.
The title Rhetorical Criticism: Context, Method, and the Book of Jonah in this series is available in the Phyllis Trible Collection (3 vols.).
- Overview of major approaches to Old and New Testament studies in one collection
- Clear and succinct guides to and illustrations of various perspectives in biblical studies
- What Is New Testament Theology? by Dan O. Via
- What Is Postmodern Biblical Criticism? by A. K. M. Adam
- What Is Narrative Criticism? by Mark Allan Powell
- Psychological Biblical Criticism by D. Andrew Kille
- The New Historicism by Gina Hens-Piazza
- Cultural Anthropology and the Old Testament by Thomas W. Overholt
- Interpreting Hebrew Poetry by David L. Petersen and Kent Harold Richards
- Title: Guides to Biblical Scholarship Series
- Series: Guides to Biblical Scholarship
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Volumes: 10
- Pages: 1,218