Augsburg Fortress Studies in the Gospels Collection (8 vols.)
by 8 authors Mark Allan Powell, Helmut Koester, John R. Donahue, Gerd Theissen, Frederick Houk Borsch, Kloppenborg Verbin, John S., Scott, Bernard Brandon, Ford, Richard Q.
Fortress Press 1983–2007
The Augsburg Fortress Studies in the Gospels Collection presents recent scholarly treatments of Jesus, the Gospels, and Christian literature. It brings attention to parables studies, concentrating on the parables in their Gospel contexts, illustrating current interpretation methods, and synthesizing literary analysis’ evolution. The collection includes an analysis of Q, a collection of Jesus’ sayings, providing insight on contemporary research, study methods, presuppositions, and theological and theoretical issues. It introduces the content, contexts, and structure surrounding the Gospels and examines various traditions and practices that shaped them and other early Christian literature. One volume focuses on synoptic miracle stories’ structure, reproduction, and function.
The Logos Bible Software edition of the Augsburg Fortress Studies in the Gospels Collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of the Gospels. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about the Gospels, Christian literature, and Jesus’ parables and miracles.
- Provides contemporary New Testament research
- Analyzes the Gospels and Christian literature in their social, religious, and political contexts
- Includes fresh insights on Jesus’ parables and miracles
- Excavating Q: The History and Setting of the Sayings Gospel by John S. Kloppenborg Verbin
- Fortress Introduction to the Gospels by Mark Allan Powell
- From Jesus to the Gospels: Interpreting the New Testament in Its Context by Helmut Koester
- The Gospel in Parable: Metaphor, Narrative, and Theology in the Synoptic Gospels by John R. Donahue
- Hear Then the Parable: A Commentary on the Parables of Jesus by Bernard Brandon Scott
- The Miracle Stories of the Early Christian Tradition by Gerd Theissen
- The Parables of Jesus: Recovering the Art of Listening by Richard Q. Ford
- Power in Weakness: New Hearing for Gospel Stories of Healing and Discipleship by Frederick Houk Borsch
- Title: Augsburg Fortress Studies in the Gospels Collection
- Publisher: Augsburg Fortress
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 2,350