Fortress Press Studies in Matthew covers numerous interpretive topics relating to the Gospel of Matthew. God with Us provides a pastoral reading of Matthew, focusing on his views on social justice, worship, missions, and more. Matthew as Story brings a literary-critical approach to the Gospel, analyzing such narrative elements as plot, character, setting, and climax. Matthew in History shows how Matthew has been interpreted throughout history and illustrates contemporary issues in biblical interpretation. The collection concludes with an analysis of Matthew’s structure, Christology, and Kingdom-theology.
The Logos Bible Software edition of Fortress Press Studies in Matthew is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of Matthew’s Gospel. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the Greek text, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about Matthew.
- Studies the Gospel’s theological and literary elements
- Analyzes the Gospel of Matthew from a pastoral perspective
- Presents an interpretive history of specific passages in Matthew
- God with Us: A Pastoral Theology of Matthew’s Gospel by Mark Allan Powell
- Matthew as Story, 2nd ed. by Jack Dean Kingsbury
- Matthew in History: Interpretation, Influence, and Effects by Ulrich Luz
- Matthew: Structure, Christology, Kingdom by Jack Dean Kingsbury