This groundbreaking books presents a system of biblical truth that brings together people,their problems, and the living God. It is founded on three convictions:
- That God's Word should be the counseling authority of Christians helping people with broken lives.
- That counseling is a part of the essential ministry of the local church.
- That God's people can and should be trained to counsel effectively.
In this remarkable volume solid theological foundations of biblical counseling are clearly presented in contrast to humanistic and secular theories of psychological counseling. A practical, proactive, and relevant book for students, church leaders, and lay people. This collection of writers represents some of America's leading biblical teachers and counselors.
- The Historical Background of Biblical Counseling
- The Theological Foundations of Biblical Counseling
- The Practice of Biblical Counseling
- The Ministry of Biblical Counseling
- Ken L. Sarles
- David Powlison
- Douglas Bookman
- David B. Maddox
- Robert Smith
- William W. Goode
- Dennis M. Swanson
- Title: MacArthur Pastor’s Library on Counseling
- Author: Dr. John MacArthur
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2005
- Pages: 412
About Dr. John MacArthur
Dr. John MacArthur is an internationally known Christian leader. He is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. Following in the steps of his father, Dr. Jack MacArthur, John represents five successful generations of pastors in his family. Dr. MacArther is also President of The Master's College and Seminary and is heard daily on "Grace to You," a nationally syndicated radio broadcast. He has written and edited many books, including the Gold Medallion Award-winning The MacArthur Study Bible. His most recent work is The MacArthur Scripture Memory System (Thomas Nelson) which helps people experience and remember fifty-two of the Bible's most beloved passages.