In The First and Second Epistles to the Thessalonians, noted theologian Leon Morris introduces the reader to the Church at Thessalonica, then provides stirring verse-by-verse commentary for Paul’s epistles directed there. This indispensable work is at the forefront of Thessalonian studies, and it is a great addition to the library of any theologian, biblical scholar, student of the Bible, or layperson.
The solid exegesis contained in this volume was the original New International Commentary on the New Testament work on 1 & 2 Thessalonians. And, in the Logos edition, Morris’s words are more accessible than ever. His commentary can be linked to any Bibles in your collection and hundreds of search results will appear with the click of a mouse.
The First and Second Epistles to the Thessalonians was originally a part of the New International Commentary Series on the Old and New Testament!
- Introduction to and background information on the church of Thessalonica
- Verse-by-verse commentary
- Perfect for biblical scholars, theologians, pastors, and laity
- The Founding of the Church at Thessalonica
- Occasion and Purpose of 1 Thessalonians
- Occasion and Purpose of 2 Thessalonians
- The Date of the Epistles
- The Authenticity of 1 Thessalonians
- The Authenticity of 2 Thessalonians
- The Relationship between the Two Epistles
- Commentary on 1 Thessalonians
- Commentary on 2 Thessalonians
Praise for the Print Edition
Thorough and readable. Dr. Morris’s presentation of the results of his study deals minutely with the grammatical meaning of the Greek text without being obscure or pedantic...The main exposition of the commentary is comprehensible by any intelligent Bible student and provides ready reference for the casual reader.
Morris is an able exegete with a mind of his own and a stylistic facility which makes his commentary as readable as it is instructive.
- Title: The First and Second Epistles to the Thessalonians
- Author: Leon Morris
- Series: New International Commentary
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pages: xvi, 278
About Leon Morris
Leon Morris retired as Principal of Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia, in 1979. He is the author of more than forty books, including The Apostolic Preaching of the Cross, the volumes on Matthew and Romans in The Pillar New Testament Commentary, and the volumes on John and the Thessalonian epistles in the New International Commentary on the New Testament.