Sometimes a multi-volume commentary tells you more than you need to know. Sometimes you just want one place to go that’s simple and straightforward. You want the Holman Concise Bible Commentary—where superior Bible scholarship from some of today’s leading evangelical minds comes packaged in helpings much easier to consume.
- Overviews of large sections, like the Gospels and Paul’s letters
- Maps that put your finger on the path of biblical history
- Charts that organize information for fast retrieval
- Sidebars that take you a little more in-depth Add an extra level of depth and authority to your lessons, sermons, and personal devotional time with the Holman Concise Bible Commentary
- Title: Holman Concise Bible Commentary
- Editor: David S. Dockery
- Publisher: Moody
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pages: 699
About David S. Dockery
David S. Dockery is President of Union University in Jackson, TN. In 2002 he was named a Distinguished Alumnus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Dockery is a consulting editor for Christianity Today. He received a B. A. from the University of Alabama-Birmingham, a Masters from Grace Theological Seminary, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Texas Christian University. He holds a Ph. D. in Humanities from the University of Texas. He has published numerous articles and book reviews and is the author or editor of more than twenty-five books, including Interpreting the New Testament, Biblical Interpretation Then and Now also in the Baker Hermeneutics Collection (14 Vols.), and Theologians of the Baptist Tradition which is also included in the Broadman & Holman Baptist History Collection (11 Vols.).