Apologetics Study Bible
by 6 authors Cabal, Ted, Brand, Chad Owen, Clendenen, E. Ray, Copan, Paul, Moreland, J. P., Powell, Doug
The Apologetics Study Bible is a unique resource designed to help people answer important and life-shaping questions. It provides this wealth of knowledge in one place enabling readers to know the reasons and evidences for the Christian hope and to articulate those reasons to others asking big questions.
Human beings are the only creatures who ask questions. Major questions.
- Can I know that God exists?
- Am I the product of a blind evolutionary process or was I created by God?
- How strong is the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection?
- Is the Bible reliable and true?
- Do I have a destiny beyond my life on earth?
- Can evil be reconciled with belief in God who is both all-powerful and all-loving?
Crafted by real people like you who have wrestled with the same questions and doubts you are facing now, the material in The Apologetics Study Bible features some of the leading thinkers of the twenty-first century, including Craig Blomberg, Darrel Bock, Charles Colson, Paul Copan, William Lane Craig, William Dembski, John Frame, Norman L. Geisler, Gary Habermas, Hank Hanegraaff, Philip E. Johnson, Walt Kaiser, Al Mohler, John Warwick Montgomery, J. P. Moreland, Thomas Schreiner, Ravi Zacharias, and many more.
Please Note: The Apologetics Study Bible does not contain the Bible text, but includes the study notes, articles, and all of the other great features found in the equivalent print version.
- Introductions and notes for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible that provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture.
- Over 130 articles written by today’s leading Christian thinkers dealing with life’s ultimate questions
- Twisted Scripture Notes address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrines contrary to historic Christian teaching
- Biographical sketches of some of the greatest Christian apologists
- A timeline of Christian apologists and their works
- Charts showing important archaeological discoveries for both the Old and New Testaments
- A Chart showing how the manuscript evidence for the New Testament compares to that of other ancient documents
- Charts comparing world religions and the new religious movements
- Full color maps
- An extensive annotated bibliography
- And much more!
- Charles Colson
- John Frame
- Norman L. Geisler
- Al Mohler
- And dozens more!
- Title: Apologetics Study Bible
- General Editor: Ted Cabal
- Associate Editors: Chad Owen Brand, E. Ray Clendenen, Paul Copan, and J. P. Moreland
- Publisher: Broadman & Holman
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pages: 2,048
About the Editors
Ted Cabal (B. A., M. A. Dallas Baptist University; M. Div., Ph. D. Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of Christian Philosophy and Applied Apologetics at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky. Once an ardent atheist, Dr. Cabal was converted while reading the New Testament Gospels.
Chad Owen Brand (B. A. Rockmont College, M. Div., Ph. D. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dr. Brand is gifted as a scholar, apologist, pastor, and student of contemporary culture and religion. He is co-editor and author of the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, and author of One Sacred Effort, available in the Broadman & Holman Baptist History Collection (11 Vols.).
E. Ray Clendenen (B. A. Rice University, Th. M. Dallas Theological Seminary, Ph. D. the University of Texas at Arlington) is Director of Academic Publishing, B & H Publishing Group, Nashville, Tennessee. He has been the architect of The Apologetics Study Bible within B & H Publishing Group.
Paul Copan (B. A. Columbia International University; M. A., M. Div. Trinity International University; Ph. D. Marquette University) holds the Pledger Family Chair of Philosophy and Ethics at Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, Florida. He is the author of True for You, But Not for Me, That’s Just Your Interpretation, and How Do You Know You’re Not Wrong?, as well as co-author of Creation Out of Nothing: A Biblical, Philosophical, and Scientific Exploration and Jesus’ Resurrection: Fact or Figment?
J. P. Moreland (B. S. University of Missouri; M. A. University of California, Riverside; Th. M. Dallas Theological Seminary; Ph. D. University of Southern California) is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, California. He has authored or co-authored numerous books and articles. Dr. Moreland served with Campus Crusade for ten years, planted two churches, and has spoken on over 200 college campuses.
Sample Pages from the Print Edition