In a world that's growing more hostile to the Gospel, what can Christians do? How can we communicate with our unbelieving friends and coworkers in a way that won't seem pushy, intolerant, or judgmental? In a world that's heard it all before and no longer seems to care, where do we begin? By sowing.
In Finding Common Ground, Tim Downs reminds us of the forgotten biblical art of sowing and shows us practical and effective ways to:
- Bring up spiritual subjects with busy and distracted people
- Use secular movies and books to talk about biblical ideas
- Overcome prejudice and stereotypes in our listeners
- Keep open doors of communication with even hostile opponents
- Move everyone we meet a step closer to the Gospel
In the Logos edition, this volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Practical guidelines to communicate the Gospel
- Discusses effective techniques and methods
Praise for the Print Edition
In more than twenty-five years of ministry and communicating, I have never heard a more concise, graphic, and articulate communicator. Tim is a man of integrity and a man committed to making an impact for Christ in his world.
—Stu Weber, Pastor and Author
...If you want to gain insight for communicating the Gospel effectively to contemporary culture, this is the first book you should read.
—J. P. Moreland, Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology
- Title: Finding Common Ground: How to Communicate with Those Outside the Christian Community… While We Still Can
- Author: Tim Downs
- Publisher: Moody
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pages: 200
About Tim Downs
Tim Downs graduated from Indiana University in 1976. He is a former staff member of Campus Crusade for Christ.