The Writer’s Reference and Style Guide Collection (7 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Writing well is a skill that comes with much practice. Exceptional authors connect with their audience in a way that appears effortless, but is based upon foundational concepts and rules that many can put into practice. With this collection, writers will learn from celebrated practitioners, editors, and lexographers who have shaped and defined modern English grammar. Set your writing apart by writing passionately, academically, to inform, to convince, or to critique. This collection of cherished reference works helps established writers, editors, and students alike write like the greats and better understand what makes them so effective.
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Sharpen your ability to write and communicate theological concepts with Writing Theology Well: A Rhetoric for Theological and Biblical Writers, Second Edition.
- Directs writers in ordering their thinking before words are on a page
- Classic examples of communicating in writing
- Etymological background for dictionary entries assist writers in choosing a fitting word.
- Dictionary of Modern English Usage by H.W. Fowler
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 1st Edition by University of Chicago Press
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.
- How to Write Clearly: Rules and Exercises on English Composition by Edwin A. Abbott
- Stokes’ Encyclopedia of Familiar Quotations by Elford E. Treffry
- Chambers’s Etymological Dictionary of the English Language by Andrew Findlater
- Rules for Compositors and Readers at the University Press by Horace Hart
Dictionary of Modern English Usage
- Author: H.W. Fowler
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 832