From today's most respected authority on Mormonism, Ed Decker offers a landmark A-to-Z reference guide on the beliefs, teachings, and traditions of the Mormon Church. Decker's Complete Handbook on Mormonism is an all-in-one volume specifically created for those who want a clear, concise overview of Mormonism at their fingertips. This reference guide is the culmination of forty years of research and experience.
Arranged in alphabetical order, this handbook presents both the official Mormon position and the corresponding biblical response on more than 150 topics. Each subject is discussed in an informative, easy-to-read manner, making this a highly useful resource for those who need a quick answer or in-depth study.
- Provides easy-to-understand comparisons of official Mormon teaching with the Bible
- Presents the most current views of Mormon doctrine as taught by the leading authorities of the Mormon Church
- Explains the meaning and significance of Mormon terms and traditions
- Provides insight into how Christians can respond to the teachings and arguments of the Mormon Church
- Includes thorough documentation and references for further research
- Created for pastors, Bible teachers, laypeople, and Bible students
- Designed for quick access and referencing
Praise for the Print Edition
[Ed Decker's] book is the soul of objectivity. He presents both sides of each topic—the Mormon position and the Biblical view (according to historic Christianity)—and supplies a generous amount of quotations from the sacred writings of both religions. It is an excellent resource for understanding the conflict between these faiths.
It is only once in a while that someone with real compassion for others comes forward with such a useful and excellent comparative work as this. . . Mr. Decker has a scholarly and well-informed approach to [Mormonism] and I strongly recommend. . . this masterpiece.
- Title: Decker's Complete Handbook on Mormonism
- Author: Ed Decker
- Publisher: Harvest
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pages: 442
About Ed Decker
Ed Decker was a Latter-day Saint for twenty years; he was a member of the Melchizedek Priesthood, a Temple Mormon, and was active in many Church organizations. Since leaving the Mormon Church in 1976, he has been a leading force in educating people worldwide about Mormonism. He is the president of Saints Alive, a ministry committed to sharing the Gospel with Mormons. He is also the bestselling author of The God Makers, The God Makers II, and Fast Facts on False Teachings.