Sonnenschein's Library of Quotations (9 vols.)•
Swan Sonnenschein & Co. 1897–1911
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Find the perfect quote for your next lesson, sermon, or presentation. These pages gather thousands of humanity’s most important ideas in their most elegant expression.
Featuring the distilled wisdom of a massive library of classical and modern texts, Sonnenschein’s Library of Quotations is an excellent resource for teachers, preachers and writers of any kind. You’ll find exactly the words you were looking for—both in English, and the original language—along with a citation to the quote’s original source. This collection also includes two reference works that succinctly summarize common historical and political allusions—so from the Abecedarians to the Zurich Compromise, you’re always in the know. Savor the essence of philosophies from the Platonic Idealism of the fifth century BC to the German Idealism of the eighteenth century—from “know thyself” to “I think, therefore I am.”
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Study each quote in its full original context with a library of classic literature and philosophy. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Find even more of mankind’s most memorable quotations with the Classic Quotations Collection.
- Gathers thousands of quotes from the most influential thinkers from throughout Europe and ancient Near East
- Provides quotes in their original language alongside an English translation
- Includes citations to the source of each quotation
- Covers more than 2,500 years of history, from Ancient Greece to the beginning of the twentieth century
- Dictionary of Quotations: Classical edited by Thomas Benfield Harbottle
- Dictionary of Quotations: English edited by Philip Hugh Dalbiac
- Dictionary of Historical Allusions edited by Thomas Benfield Harbottle
- Dictionary of Contemporary Quotations edited by Helena Swan
- Dictionary of Quotations: French and Italian edited by Thomas Benfield Harbottle and Philip Hugh Dalbiac
- Dictionary of Quotations: German edited by Lilian Dalbiac
- Dictionary of Political Phrases and Allusions: With a Short Bibliography edited by Hugh Montgomery and Philip G. Cambray
- Dictionary of Quotations: Spanish edited by Thomas Benfield Harbottle and Martin Andrew Sharp Hume
- Dictionary of Oriental Quotations: Arabic and Persian edited by Claud Field