John G. Butler’s Analytical Bible Expositor: Exodus is a comprehensively organized, chapter-by-chapter and verse-by-verse commentary. This invaluable work is much more accessible than the typical commentary, because it is free from heavy intellectual arguments and the difficult-to-understand language which is characteristic of many commentaries. The author treats each chapter of the Bible as a unit. From this starting point, he outlines the chapter and analyzes each verse. Expository in style, this commentary presents both the meaning and the message of the Scripture. The annotations of the text combine explanation with real-world application. This helpful series will be a valuable aid for both the preacher and teacher, helping them to understand the Scripture and providing a wealth of useful sermon and lesson outlines.
Free Article! Check out Alliterated Sermon Outlines, by John G. Butler, now available from Logos!
- Newly published by John G. Butler
- Exclusively available in electronic form
- Chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse commentary
- Each chapter begins with an introduction and a list of the main points of the chapter
- The main points in the text of the chapter are in capital letters
- Sub-points in the text are in three descending steps
- the number points are in bold type
- the bullet (•) points are in bold type and italicized
- key words are underlined
- Butler’s eloquent alliteration is abundant throughout
Praise for the Print Edition
I know of no finer collection of resources than Butler. No library is complete with out these uncompromising gems of wisdom. After reading the Bible text itself, my next step is always to consult Butler. They are absolutely essential to my Bible study.
- Title: Analytical Bible Expositor: Exodus
- Author: John G. Butler
- Publisher: LBC Publications
- Publication Date: 2008
- Pages: 305
About John G. Butler
John G. Butler, originally from Iowa, has been a Baptist minister for over fifty years and a pastor for over thirty-five years with pastorates in Clinton, Iowa; Williamsburg, Ohio; Detroit, Michigan; and Chicago, Illinois. Having attended Tennessee Temple University and graduated from Cedarville University, he also authored the 25-volume Bible Biography Series, a 10-volume Study of the Savior series about Jesus Christ, and the 4-volume Butler's Daily Bible Reading set, a unique daily devotional focusing on expository Bible study.