Shlomo Moussaieff, a Bible scholar and antiquities collector, has amassed one of the world’s finest collections of ancient Jewish and Bible-related artifacts. Among the estimated 60,000 items in his collection are personal seals from the First and Second Temple periods and hundreds of cuneiform clay tablets from 3000 to 1000 BC. In these volumes, archaeologist Robert Deutsch and epigrapher André Lemaire delve into the collection, studying and cataloging the artifacts, dividing them into categories, and noting questionable and possibly forged seals. The wealth of epigraphic material gives Moussaieff’s collection an extraordinary amount of historical significance, making this an excellent resource for biblical historians.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Contains both Hebrew and English catalogs of the personal seals in Moussaieff’s collection
- Offers a significant amount of epigraphic material in multiple languages from the ancient Near East
- Includes a variety of essays by leading academics in honor of Shlomo Moussaieff
- Biblical Period Personal Seals in the Shlomo Moussaieff Collection by Robert Deutsch and André Lemaire
- Biblical Period Personal Seals in the Shlomo Moussaieff Collection (Hebrew) by Robert Deutsch and André Lemaire
- Shlomo: Studies in Epigraphy, Iconography, History and Archaeology in Honor of Shlomo Moussaieff edited by Robert Deutsch
About Robert Deutsch
Robert Deutsch holds a PhD from Tel Aviv University. His focus is on inscriptions from the First Temple period, ancient coins, and Jewish iconography. He is a biblical archaeologist, and he also taught at the University of Haifa in Israel. He is the proprietor of the Archaeological Center in Old Jaffa, Israel. Deutsch is the author and editor of several books, including Messages from the Past: Hebrew Bullae from the Time of Isaiah Through the Destruction of the First Temple and West Semitic Epigraphic News of the 1st Millennium BCE.
About Shlomo Moussaieff
Shlomo Moussaieff is an Israeli collector of antiquities, who lives in London. He founded Moussaieff Jewellers, Ltd. with his wife Alisa in London. Their collection includes the Moussaieff Blue Diamond, which set a world record in price per carat at a Sotheby’s auction in 2007.