Thinking. Loving. Doing.: A Call to Glorify God with Heart and Mind
Thinking. Loving. Doing. challenges readers to be thinkers (engaged and serious about knowing God), feelers (pulsing with passion for Jesus and his gospel), and doers (endeavoring great acts of love for others).
Our Savior shows us that holistic Christianity is comprised of mind, heart, and hands. He shows us that the Christian life is multidimensional—irreducibly and inseparably thinking, loving, and doing.
With contributions from Francis Chan, Rick Warren, Albert Mohler, R. C. Sproul, and Thabiti Anyabwile, Thinking. Loving. Doing. extends a thorough and compelling invitation to experience the fullness of the Christian life.
In the Logos edition, this valuable volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Addresses the importance of viewing Christianity as being multidimensional
- Includes discussions on thinking, loving, doing, and how to benefit the kingdom of God in all three
- Discusses how the Christian community benefits from multiple perspectives
- The Battle for Your Mind
- The Way the World Thinks: Meeting the Natural Mind in the Mirror and in the Marketplace
- Thinking Deeply in the Ocean of Revelation: The Bible and the Life of the Mind
- Thinking for the Sake of Global Faithfulness: Encountering Islam with the Mind of Christ
- Think Hard, Stay Humble: The Life of the Mind and the Peril of Pride
- Thinking for the Sake of Joy: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God
Praise for the Print Edition
I found this book to be a fascinating, challenging, insightful, practical, and surprisingly personal discussion of how Christians can grow in both knowledge and love.
—Wayne Grudem, research professor of Bible and theology, Phoenix Seminary
- Title: Thinking. Loving. Doing.: A Call to Glorify God with Heart and Mind
- Editors: John Piper and David Mathis
- Publisher: Crossway
- Publication Date: 2011
- Pages: 176
About the Editors
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of DesiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don’t Waste Your Life, God Is the Gospel, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, and many more.
David Mathis (MDiv, Reformed Theological Seminary Orlando) is executive editor at DesiringGod.org and an elder at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Bethlehem College and Seminary.