Engaging and Exegeting Culture Series (14 vols.)
by 18 authors Charles Anderson, Kevin Vanhoozer, Michael Sleasman, Daniel A. Siedell, Ralph Basui Watkins, Craig Detweiler, Barry Taylor, Dale Savidge, Todd E. Johnson, Clive Marsh, Robert K. Johnston, Jeremy S. Begbie, Robert J. Banks, Eric O. Jacobsen, William A. Dyrness, Bouma-Prediger, Steven, Roberts, Vaughan S., Ledbetter, Bernice M.
Baker Academic 2001–2013
The Engaging and Exegeting Culture Series provides 14 volumes addressing ways to theologically interpret contemporary culture. Presenting methodological and foundational studies, the collection brings theological and spiritual reflections to cultural disciplines and expressions, including film, visual art, pop culture, leadership, theatre, and the environment. It challenges readers to seek God’s presence in contemporary culture and to engage culture with a biblical worldview.
Whether you’re a pastor, student, or layperson, this collection will enhance your understanding of the relationship between theology and culture. All Scripture passages in the Engaging and Exegeting Culture Series link to your favorite Bible translation in your library. You can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, pastors, and theologians have to say, making this collection ideal for studying contemporary culture.
Want more? Upgrade your Engaging and Exegeting Culture Series with Beginning with the Word: Modern Literature and the Question of Belief!
- Analyzes aspects of contemporary culture, including film, art, music, and more
- Links theology to contemporary culture
- Provides tools to responsibly engage and interpret culture
- Everyday Theology: How to Read Cultural Texts and Interpret Trends edited by Kevin J. Vanhoozer, Charles A. Anderson, and Michael J. Sleasman
- Reframing Theology and Film: New Focus for an Emerging Discipline edited by Robert K. Johnston
- Into the Dark: Seeing the Sacred in the Top Films of the 21st Century by Craig Detweiler
- God in the Gallery: A Christian Embrace of Modern Art by Daniel A. Siedell
- The Space Between: A Christian Engagement with the Built Environment by Eric O. Jacobsen
- Visual Faith: Art, Theology, and Worship in Dialogue by William A. Dyrness
- A Matrix of Meanings: Finding God in Pop Culture by Craig Detweiler and Barry Taylor
- Reviewing Leadership: A Christian Evaluation of Current Approaches by Robert Banks and Bernice M. Ledbetter
- Reel Spirituality: Theology and Film in Dialogue, 2nd ed., by Robert K. Johnston
- Performing the Sacred: Theology and Theatre in Dialogue by Todd E. Johnson and Dale Savidge
- For the Beauty of the Earth: A Christian Vision for Creation Care, 2nd ed., by Steven Bouma-Prediger
- Hip-Hop Redemption: Finding God in the Rhythm and the Rhyme by Ralph Basui Watkins
- Personal Jesus: How Popular Music Shapes Our Souls by Clive Marsh and Vaughan S. Roberts
- Resounding Truth: Christian Wisdom in the World of Music by Jeremy S. Begbie
- Title: Engaging and Exegeting Culture Series
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Volumes: 14
- Pages: 3,838