Noted for its steadfast commitment to biblical authority, its readability, and its clear exposition of Scripture, the Preaching the Word Series (30 vols.) is an ideal resource for pastors, teachers, and those seeking to enrich their personal Bible study. This set of commentaries on the Old and New Testaments is edited by renowned pastor, R. Kent Hughes, of College Church in Wheaton Illinois. In this 30 volume collection, experienced pastors exemplify expository preaching and provide practical applications of 36 books of the Bible, as well as the Sermon on the Mount. Preachers and laity alike will find these commentaries both insightful and accessible.
With the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality and features. Scripture and ancient text citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches with the topic guide to instantly gather relevant biblical texts and resources together. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place so you get the most out of your study.
- Provides practical application from the Scriptures
- Contains exegesis and word study on 36 books of the Bible
- Includes volumes designed to help preachers communicate God’s Word
- Consists of material ideal for pastors and students
Praise for the Print Edition
It is a pleasure to commend this series of homiletical commentaries. They fill an enormous vacuum that exists between the practical needs of the pastor/teacher and the critical exegetical depth of most commentaries.
—Walter C. Kaiser Jr., emeritus president and distinguished professor of Old Testament and ethics, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
This series will minister to a pastor’s soul as well as giving him an immense resource for his preaching. And it will minister to the parishioner wonderfully in personal Bible story. The reader will be filled with fresh thoughts about our Lord as well as joyful encouragement for himself. That is what happened to me in reading this.
This series resonates with the priorities of the pulpit. No academic aloofness here, but down-to-earth, preacher-to-preacher meat for God’s people.
—Bryan Chapell, distinguished professor of preaching, Knox Theological Seminary
The single best resource for faithful biblical exposition available today. A great boon for genuine reformation!
—Timothy George, dean and professor of divinity history and doctrine, Beeson Divinity School, Samford University
There is a long history of informed, edifying biblical expositions that have been mightily used of God to shape and strengthen the church. These volumes admirably fit this tradition.
—D. A. Carson, research professor of New Testament, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Throughout the Christian centuries, working pastors have been proving themselves to be the best of all Bible expositors. Kent Hughes stands in this great tradition, and his exciting expositions uphold it worthily.
—J. I. Packer, Board of Governors’ Professor of Theology, Regent College
- Genesis: Beginning and Blessing by R. Kent Hughes
- Exodus: Saved for God’s Glory by Philip Graham Ryken
- Leviticus: Holy God, Holy People by Kenneth A. Matthews
- Numbers: God’s Presence in the Wilderness by Iain M. Duguid
- Deuteronomy: Loving Obedience to a Loving God by Ajith Fernando
- 1 Samuel: Looking for a Leader by John Woodhouse
- Proverbs: Wisdom that Works by Raymond C. Ortlund Jr.
- Ecclesiastes: Why Everything Matters by Philip Graham Ryken
- Isaiah: God Saves Sinners by Raymond C. Ortlund Jr.
- Jeremiah and Lamentations: From Sorrow to Hope by Philip Graham Ryken
- Daniel: The Triumph of God’s Kingdom by Rodney Stortz
- The Sermon on the Mount: The Message of the Kingdom by R. Kent Hughes
- Mark: Jesus, Servant and Savior vols. 1 & 2 by R. Kent Hughes
- Luke: That You May Know the Truth, vol. 1 by R. Kent Hughes
- Luke: That You May Know the Truth, vol. 2 by R. Kent Hughes
- John: That You May Believe by R. Kent Hughes
- Acts: The Church Afire by R. Kent Hughes
- Romans: Righteousness From Heaven by R. Kent Hughes
- 2 Corinthians: Power in Weakness by R. Kent Hughes
- Ephesians: The Mystery of the Body of Christ by R. Kent Hughes
- Philippians: The Fellowship of the Gospel by R. Kent Hughes
- Colossians and Philemon: The Supremacy of Christ by R. Kent Hughes
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians: The Hope of Salvation by James H. Grant Jr.
- 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus: To Guard the Deposit by R. Kent Hughes and Bryan Chapell
- Hebrews: An Anchor for the Soul vols. 1 & 2 by R. Kent Hughes
- James: Faith That Works by R. Kent Hughes
- 1 & 2 Peter and Jude: Sharing Christ’s Sufferings by David Helm
- Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- Title: Preaching the Word Series
- Publisher: Crossway
- Volumes: 30
- Pages: 11,936