Church Origins Collection (10 vols.)
by 10 authors Campbell, R. Alastair, Wedderburn, Alexander J. M., Lieu, Judith M., Brown, Michael Joseph, Kreider, Alan, Penner, Todd C., Lüdemann, Gerd, Murray, Robert, Weinandy, Thomas G., Keating, Daniel A.
T&T Clark 1975–2004
Church Origins Collection captures the earliest development of the church in history, theology and theory. The ten volumes offered explore the cultural, doctrinal and traditional landscape of the budding church. These include the church’s roots in and relationships with the Graeco-Roman, Judaic, and Mesopotamian worlds; its integration into African and European cultures; its ministerial life and doctrines; and more.
Written by top scholars of the New Testament, each title presents state-of-the-art scholarship and keen insight into the origins of the Christian church. The volumes focus not only on where the church has been, but the implications of that history on our present era. This includes the contemporary view of the role of elder in the church, the ordination of women, and charismatic gifts.
- A History of the First Christians
- The Origins of Christendom in the West
- Neither Jew Nor Greek?: Constructing Early Christianity
- Primitive Christianity: A Survey of Recent Studies and Some New Proposals
- Image and Reality: The Jews in the World of the Christians in the Second Century
- Symbols of Church and Kingdom: A Study in Early Syriac Tradition
- The Lord's Prayer through North African Eyes: A Window into Early Christianity
- The Elders: Seniority within Earliest Christianity
- In Praise of Christian Origins: Stephen and the Hellenists in Lukan Apologetic Historiography
- The Theology of St. Cyril of Alexandria: A Critical Appreciation
- Title: Church Origins Collection (10 vols.)
- Publisher: T&T Clark
- Volumes: 10
- Pages: 3,230