Themelios is an international evangelical theological journal that expounds and defends the historic Christian faith. Its primary audience is theological students and pastors, though scholars read it as well. It was formerly a print journal operated by RTSF/UCCF in the United Kingdom, and it became a digital journal operated by The Gospel Coalition in 2008. The new editorial team, led by D. A. Carson, seeks to preserve representation, in both essayists and reviewers, from both sides of the Atlantic. Each issue contains articles on important theological themes, as well as book reviews and discussion from the most important evangelical voices of our time.
With Logos, you have instant access to decades’ worth of content in Themelios. You can search by author, topic, and Scripture passage—and find it all instantly. What’s more, Scripture references link to both original language texts and English Bible translations, and links within each volume of Themelios allow you to quickly move from the table of contents to the articles to the index and back again. Save yourself from turning pages, cross-referencing citations, and unnecessarily complex research projects. The Logos edition of Themelios allows you to cut and paste the content you need for citations and automatically creates footnotes in your document using your preferred style guide. With Themelios, combined with the power of your digital library, you have the most important tools you need for your research projects, sermon preparation, and theological study!
- Offers an editorial by D. A. Carson
- Discusses books written by an assortment of authors and theologians
- Provides articles by contributors from numerous denominations and professions
- “Editorial: Kingdom, Ethics, and Individual Salvation” by D. A. Carson
- “Off the Record: From Moral Majority to Evil Disbelievers: Coming Clean about Christian Atheism” by Michael J. Ovey
- “Abounding in the Work of the Lord (1 Cor. 15:58): Everything We Do as Christians or Specific Gospel Work?” by Peter Orr
- “Carl F. H. Henry’s Doctrine of the Atonement: A Synthesis and Brief Analysis” by Owen Strachan
- “Will All Be Saved” by Gerald R. McDermott
- Title: Themelios: vol. 38, no. 2, July 2013
- General Editor: D. A. Carson
- Publisher: The Gospel Coalition
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 352
About D. A. Carson
D. A. Carson is a research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He has been at Trinity since 1978. Carson came to Trinity from the faculty of Northwest Baptist Theological Seminary in Vancouver, British Columbia, where he also served for two years as academic dean. He has served as an assistant pastor and pastor, and has done itinerant ministry in Canada and the United Kingdom. Carson received a bachelor of science in chemistry from McGill University, the master of divinity from Central Baptist Seminary in Toronto, and the doctor of philosophy in New Testament from the University of Cambridge. Carson is an active guest lecturer in academic and church settings around the world. He holds membership on the Council for the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. Carson has also written many books that have garnered international acclaim, including his award-winning title The Gagging of God: Christianity Confronts Pluralism.