An essential companion to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the General Directory for Catechesis (GDC) provides religious educators, teachers, and catechists with a single point of reference for all aspects of catechetical instruction, for content and pedagogy, as well as for methodology. Beginning with an introductory reflection of how contemporary human and ecclesial conditions have impacted the preaching of the gospel, the General Directory for Catechesis moves through a detailed presentation of the goals and essential elements of catechesis, from its role in the Church’s mission of evangelization, to norms and guidelines for its presentation, to adaptations for various groups and situations.
This standard reference work—found in parish libraries across the world—brings you unprecedented access to studying the catechetical writings of the Church. Clicking on footnotes, Scripture references, or Catechism chapter numbers will take you right to them. Study the Church’s faith formation process alongside other Catechism-focused resources, Vatican documents, and our growing catalogue of Catholic resources.
- Engages with the practice and theology of catechesis and evangelism
- Discusses the roles of the priest, the family, and the community in faith formation
- Connects directly with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other catechetical documents in your library
- Title: General Directory for Catechesis
- Publisher: Libreria Editrice Vaticana
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pages: 300