1917 Code of Canon Law Collection (10 vols.)
P. J. Kenedy & Sons, B. Herder 1918–1922
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you'd pay. If the final price is lower, that's what you'll pay.
- Projected price
The Canon Law—the official legal code of the Vatican—supports the Vatican’s judicial system, providing a legal system for inquiries, trials, and legal proceedings. This collection gives you the 780-page Latin text of the 1917 Code of Canon Law, as well as a commentary and summary of the same code and an eight-volume commentary that explains, article by article, every canon.
The two commentaries are among the most important commentaries on this Canon Law, each with the stamps of nihil obstat and imprimatur from authorities in the offices of the Church. This collection is designed both to make accessible these rare old documents and to give students and scholars of Catholic theology or canon law a reliable reference point.
The Logos edition of these volumes will make research easier than ever. Each of these volumes is fully searchable, allowing you to find any canon on the topic of your research. Additionally, references to Scripture appear on mouseover, and references to the Canon Law itself link to each other, allowing you to jump from the commentary to the canon article instantaneously.
- Provides the Catholic Church’s first complete code of canon laws
- Contains the original Latin text of the code
- Includes authoritative commentary on every article and canon
- Codex Iuris Canonici
- The New Canon Law: A Commentary and Summary of the New Code of Canon Law
- A Commentary on the New Code of Canon Law, vol. 1
- A Commentary on the New Code of Canon Law, vol. 2
- A Commentary on the New Code of Canon Law, vol. 3
Stanislaus Woywod (1880–1941) was a professor of canon law at Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
Charles Augustine Bachofen (1872–1944) was a Swiss-American Benedictine priest.
- Title: 1917 Code of Canon Law Collection
- Author: Pope Pius X, Stanislaus Woywod, Charles Augustine Bachofen
- Publisher: P. J. Kenedy & Sons, B. Herder
- Volumes: 10
- Pages: 5,290