Wiersbe's "Be" Series on the Old Testament—Practical, devotional, and concise describes the "Be" series. Each of these mini-commentaries contains a wealth of practical insight into God's Word. This resource provides commentary on 3 books: Haggai, Zechariah, and Ezra.
"The bravest things we do in our lives are usually known only to ourselves." —Peggy Noonan
The world is filled with many "quiet heroes" who have no press agents to "puff" their names … everyday people who bear burdens, fight battles, and help to build God's work in this world. Others may not know, but God sees what they do and honors them.
In times of crisis, when everything seems to have fallen apart, God raises up His heroes and uses them. So it was with the Jewish remnant after the captivity in Babylon. They returned to the Holy Land, rebuilt the temple, and restored their civic life. Their story is told in:
- The Book of Ezra—The record of the sacrifice and service of a godly priest and 50,000 Jewish exiles who trusted God and accomplished wonders.
- The Book of Haggai—A devoted prophet who was an encourager of God's people in a difficult day.
- The Book of Zechariah—A young prophet who had insight into the times and what God was doing for His people.
By studying these three exciting books and applying what they teach to your life, you can develop heroic faith and learn to:
- Trust God in tough times and not give up
- Claim promises that will give you victory
- Makes you an encourager of others
Logos Bible Software dramatically improves the value of this resource by enabling you to find what you’re looking for with unparalleled speed and precision. Scripture passages link to your favorite translation and you can easily study it side-by-side with the other commentaries in your digital library. This makes the text more powerful and easier to access than ever before for scholarly work or personal study.
- Title: Be Heroic
- Author: Warren W. Wiersbe
- Series: Wiersbe's "Be" Series
About Warren Wiersbe
Dr. Warren Wiersbe has served as Writer-in-Residence at Cornerstone College in Grand Rapids, MI. He has pastored three churches, including Moody Church in Chicago. He also served as General Director and Bible teacher for Back to the Bible Broadcast.