Did you know that:
- In 1970, the Mormon church had over two million members?
- A woman, Barbara Heck, began the Methodist Church in the United States?
Can you answer such questions as:
- How did the Sunday school begin?
- Is the Masonic ritual anti-Christian? What about other lodges?
- What does “millennium” mean?
- What is “holy water”?
The Christian Cyclopedia gives you information on these topics and countless others.
Each entry provides a short article on your topic of choice. And the extensive cross-references and bibliographies give you the help you need for further study.
You’ll find Christian Cyclopedia one of the most valuable additions to your library that you’ll ever own.
In the Logos edition of Christian Cyclopedia, you get easy access to Scripture texts and to a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Hovering over Scripture references links you instantly to the verse you’re looking for, and with Passage Guides, Word Studies, and a wealth of other tools from Logos, you can delve into God’s Word like never before!
- Treatment of important aspects of church thought and life
- Prefaces from multiple editions
- Title: Christian Cyclopedia
- Editor: Erwin L. Lueker
- Publisher: Concordia
- Publication Date: 2000