Tabletalk Magazine, April 1995: The New Geneva Study Bible
Ligonier Ministries 1995
For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed to provide a substantive study tool for believers. Generally speaking, either laypeople receive very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith or their instruction is too academic, largely inaccessible to the average person. This is the reason Tabletalk exists: to bridge the gap between the two poles; to explain to the people of God important biblical doctrines and events while supporting them in holy living.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Roger Nicole, Luder G. Whitlock Jr., Mike Malone, Michael S. Beates, David Chilton, Bruce Waltke, and R. C. Sproul Jr. Tabletalk features articles on topics central to the Christian faith and contains daily in-depth Bible studies.
Over the years, several awards have recognized Tabletalk for its excellence. Today, people all over the world read Tabletalk on a daily basis. Now, in the Logos Bible Software edition of Tabletalk, all Scripture passages link to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of “reformation” or “faith.”
- Daily studies from the teaching fellowship of R. C. Sproul
- “Coram Deo” note from an editor
- “The History of the Reformation” by R. C. Sproul
- “The Original Geneva Bible” by Roger Nicole
- “From Geneva to Nashville” by Luder G. Whitlock Jr.
- “Trusting His Word” by Mike Malone
- “But Which Bible Is The Right Bible?” by Michael S. Beates
- “The Refiner’s Fire” by David Chilton
- “Dignity, Faith, And Work” by R. C. Sproul
- “Wealth And Poverty” by Bruce Waltke
- “House-Law” by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- “Signs Of The Times: The Making of Many Bibles”
- “Ligonier News: Read All About It (New Books!)”
- “Seeds Of The Sower: Sowing to New Heights”
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christian’s conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, April 1995: “The New Geneva Study Bible”
- Editor in chief: R. C. Sproul Jr.
- Associate editors: Michael S. Beates, Laura England, and Robert F. Ingram
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication date: 1995
- Pages: 62
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also serves as senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, FL, and he has written more than seventy books, including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.