From the Preface: "The concept of holiness has been neglected for too long. This neglect for the last quarter-century has, I think, been caused partly by some of the extreme concepts of holiness that had come to be all too common in certain circles. A second reason is that some illustrations of entire sanctification had been pressed so far that they taught an unrealistic view of holiness. As a result, preachers felt they had to make a choice between preaching what they could neither support scripturally nor live themselves and ceasing to preach holiness altogether. Many took the latter course and sorrowfully laid the doctrine of holiness on the shelf."
"Let me explain this by relating my personal quest for a biblical concept of holiness. My earliest memories are of the preaching of holiness. My father, mother, and grandmother were all ordained Church of God preachers. Dad did not ride any theological hobby-horse, but two of his favorite topics were God’s church and holiness. So I have heard holiness preached from my beginning."
With the Logos Bible Software edition of The Commitment to Holiness all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- Chapter 1: The Adventure of Holiness
- Chapter 2: God is Holy
- Chapter 3: Be Ye Holy
- Chapter 4: All Have Sinned
- Chapter 5: A Right Concept of Sin
- Chapter 6: Original Sin
- Chapter 7: Holiness as Personal Relationship with God
- Chapter 8: Victory Over Sin
- Chapter 9: The Spirit of Holiness
- Chapter 10: A Second Crisis
- Chapter 11: Entire Sanctification
- Chapter 12: The Spirit in the Church
- Chapter 13: Fruit of the Spirit
- Chapter 14: The Eternal Adventure
- Title: The Commitment to Holiness
- Author: Kenneth E. Jones
- Publisher: Warner Press
About Kenneth E. Jones
Kenneth E. Jones is also the author of Christian Stewardship, Let's Study the Bible, and Saving Faith in Jesus.