The World’s Great Sermons brings together 10 volumes full of the best sermons ever preached—from the fourth century to the twentieth! Over 100 notable preachers are represented, from Basil of Caesarea to Charles Spurgeon. Each sermon is preceded by a short biography of its author and after each sermon title the Scripture references that are covered in the sermon are given. These sermons were selected not only for their literary and rhetorical excellences, but in every case for their deep spiritual insight and for strengthening your Christian faith.
A treasure-trove of biblical wisdom and practical advice for living faithfully, with the Logos edition all Scripture passages in The World’s Great Sermons (10 vols.) are tagged and appear on mouse-over. Logos also makes navigating lengthy, multi-volume works easier than ever—topics and Scripture references can be searched instantly with the click of a mouse. The World’s Great Sermons (10 vols.) is perfect for scholars, students, pastors, and laypersons alike.
- Over 100 notable preachers are represented
- Sermons from the fourth century to the twentieth
- Searchable by subject matter or Scripture reference
- Great for small group discussion or personal devotional reading
- Title: The World’s Great Sermons
- Editor: Grenville Kleiser
- Publisher: Funk & Wagnalls Company
- Volumes: 10
- Pages: 2,417
- The World’s Great Sermons, vol. 1
- The World’s Great Sermons, vol. 2
- The World’s Great Sermons, vol. 3
- The World’s Great Sermons, vol. 4
- The World’s Great Sermons, vol. 5
About Grenville Kleiser
Grenville Kleiser (1868–1935) was an author, editor, and motivational speaker. He wrote numerous works on the art of public speaking, including How to Argue and Win, Successful Methods of Public Speaking, How to Improve Your Conversation, Christ: The Master Speaker, and How to Build Mental Power.