The December 2009 issue of Tabletalk explores how the kingdom of God has been inaugurated but has not yet been consummated. It intends to look carefully at this theme and how over-emphasis on one side or the other almost always leads to serious error. In the process, the hope is to offer a correct view of living in this time.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Anthony J. Carter, Keith A. Mathison, Robert L. Reymond, Guy M. Richard, R. C. Sproul Jr., Jason J. Stellman, Gene Edward Veith, and R. Fowler White.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "Moving Toward the Goal of History" by R. C. Sproul
- "When Are We?" by Jason J. Stellman
- "A Megashift in Time" by R. Fowler White
- "War & Peace" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Difficult Last Days" by Tom Ascol
- "Continuing in the Way" by Terry L. Johnson
- "Easy Preaching for Itchy Ears" by John P. Sartelle
- "Words to Die By" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Pastor's Perspective" by Guy M. Richard
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" y Anthony J. Carter
- "Generation to Generation" by Robert L. Reymond
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, December 2009: The Already and the Not Yet
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: December 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.