The Whole Bible in 100 Illustrated Stories
The Bible appears to be a book of many great stories, but it is actually one story—the divinely woven account of God's plan for humankind, from the first person on the planet until the end of the world we know. Through this unique presentation of one hundred key Bible events, succinctly summarized and beautifully illustrated, Discovering God's Story reveals how individual Bible stories fit together as one continuous saga.
This resource, a finalist for Christian Retailing's 2011 Retailers Choice Award in Bible Reference/Study, features:
- Summaries of each event and its main themes
- Classic art illustration and historical images
- Time lines that set each event in the context of world history
- Daily reading suggestions to help you place each event in Scripture
The Logos edition of Discovering God's Story is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages are linked directly to your preferred English translations and Greek and Hebrew texts, and important subjects and events are linked to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and the wealth of resources in your digital library. Discovering God's Story is an invaluable resource for study groups, teachers, leaders, and inquiring Christians who want to deeper understanding of the Bible's key events in chronological order.
- Includes one hundred biblical events
- Presents biblical events in chronological order
- Parallels biblical events with world history events surrounding that time
Praise for the Print Edition
Instead of just going through the motions and merely covering the material, this complete, but not exhausting, overview of God's story allows the teacher and student to discover truth together.
—Alan Kirkpatrick, teaching elder
- Title: Discovering God's Story
- Author: Jim Eichenberger
- Publisher: Standard Publishing
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 224
About Jim Eichenberger
Jim Eichenberger holds an MA in educational administration from the University of Illinois and an undergraduate degree in Christian education from Lincoln Christian University. As a Christian educator, Jim has been a contributor to Standard Publishing since the 1970s and has been employed by Standard full-time since 1995.