An Intermediate Greek Lexicon is an abridgment of Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon—the world’s most comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of ancient Greek.
Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, is an indispensable lexicographical resource for classical and biblical studies, with entries covering ancient Greek from the eleventh century BC to the Byzantine Period. The early Greek of authors such as Homer and Hesiod, classical Greek, and the Greek Old and New Testaments are included. Each entry lists not only the definition of a word, but also its irregular inflections, and quotations from a full range of authors and sources to demonstrate usage.
Based on the 1882 seventh edition of the full work, the intermediate Lexicon—the “Middle Liddell”—covers essential vocabulary for the most commonly read ancient Greek literature. It also provides help with irregular forms and citations to illustrate the history of Greek usage.
- Indispensable tool for classical and biblical studies
- Condensed version of the seventh edition of Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon
- Entries for vocabulary commonly found in ancient Greek literature
- Title: An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon
- Authors: H.G. Liddell and R. Scott
- Publication Date: 1889