Nearly a century after the First Vatican Council, the Second Vatican Council—commonly known as Vatican II—was held between 1962 and 1965. This assembly, invoked by Pope John XXIII, met to discuss matters of faith and Church discipline. Over 2,000 patriarchs, cardinals, residing bishops, abbots, male heads of religious orders, and other nominated persons participated each autumn in the four-year event. From this assembly, four constitutions, three declarations, and nine Decrees were produced, creating major changes for Catholic life and worship worldwide. The Vatican II Documents are essential for understanding the last 50 years’ spirited, and sometimes contentious, conversations within Catholicism.
The Latin Edition of the Vatican II Documents is published by Libreria Editrice Vaticana. With the extensively linked Vatican II Documents, resources such as the Early Church Fathers Special Catholic Edition, the Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas, and the Catholic Theology and Dogma Collection become even more powerful as you explore them together.
With the Logos edition, all Scripture passages in the Vatican II Documents are tagged and appear on mouse-over. What’s more, Scripture references link to the wealth of language resources in your digital library. This makes these texts easier to access than ever before for scholarly work or personal Bible study. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of “Divine Revelation,” or “Liturgy.”
Looking for the English edition? Check out the Vatican II Documents.
- Includes all the constitutions, declarations, and decrees of the Second Vatican Council
- References the Church Fathers, Aquinas, and other key Catholic theologians
- Dei Verbum—Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation
- Lumen Gentium—Dogmatic Constitution on the Church
- Sacrosanctum Concilium—Constitution on Sacred Liturgy
- Gaudium et Spes—Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World
- Gravissimum Educationis—Declaration on Christian Education
- Nostra Aetate—Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions
- Dignitatis Humanae—Declaration on Religious Freedom
- Ad Gentes—Decree on the Mission Activity of the Church
- Presbyterorum Ordinis—Decree on the Ministry and Life of Priests
- Apostolicam Actuositatem—Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity
- Optatam Totius—Decree on Priestly Training
- Perfectae Caritatis—Decree on the Adaptation and Renewal of Religious Life
- Christus Dominus—Decree Concerning the Pastoral Office of Bishops in the Church
- Unitatis Redintegratio—Decree on Ecumenism
- Orientalium Ecclesiarum—Decree on the Catholic Churches of the Eastern Rite
- Inter Mirifica—Decree on the Media of Social Communications
- Title: Vatican II Documents (Latin Edition)
- Publisher: Libreria Editrice Vaticana