What is an ideal church, and how can you tell? How does it look different from other churches? More importantly, how does it act differently, especially in society? Many of us aren’t sure how to answer those questions, even though we probably have some preconceived idea. With this book, you don’t have to wonder any more.
Author Mark Dever seeks to help believers recognize the key characteristics of a healthy church: expositional preaching, biblical theology, and a right understanding of the Gospel. Dever then calls us to develop those characteristics in our own churches. By following the example of New Testament authors and addressing church members from pastors to pew-sitters, Dever challenges all believers to do their part in maintaining the local church. What Is a Healthy Church? offers timeless truths and practical principles to help each of us fulfill our God-given roles in the body of Christ.
In the Logos edition, this volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Save more when you purchase this book as part of the 9Marks Series.
- Seeks to help believers recognize the key characteristics of a healthy church
- Offers timeless truths and practical principles
- Challenges all believers to do their part in maintaining the local church
- Your Christianity and Your Church
- What a Church Is . . . and Isn’t
- What Every Church Should Aspire to Be: Healthy
- The Ultimate How-to Guide: How to Display God’s Character
- Expositional Preaching
- Biblical Theology
- A Biblical Understanding of the Good News
- A Biblical Understanding of Conversion
- A Biblical Understanding of Evangelism
- A Biblical Understanding of Membership
- Biblical Church Discipline
- Biblical Discipleship and Growth
- Biblical Church Leadership
- Conclusion: Where the Rubber Meets the Road
About Mark Dever
Mark Dever is senior pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC, and president of 9Marks Ministries. Dever has authored over a dozen books, is a contributor to Preaching the Great Themes of the Bible, and speaks at conferences nationwide.