The Orthodox Bible Study Companion Series provides Bible commentaries written for the average layperson. Working from a literal translation of the original Greek, the commentaries examine the texts section by section, explaining their meaning in everyday language. Written from an Orthodox and patristic perspective, the series maintains a balance between the devotional and the exegetical, feeding both the heart and the mind. The series covers each of the Gospels, all of the writings of Paul, as well as the epistles of James, Peter, John, Jude, and Revelation, providing contemporary interpretations and applications drawn from Lawrence Farley’s literal translations of the Greek.
With the Logos edition of the Orthodox Bible Study Companion Series, these powerful reference tools automatically integrate with your Logos library, allowing you to cross-reference them and study the New Testament like never before. Pull these accessible texts up side-by-side with other commentaries in your library to compare interpretations and applications. Maximize your Bible study by comparing your preferred translations with Farley’s dissection of the literal Greek translation. Important terms, figures, and dates link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, the Timeline, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Logos mobile apps let you bring the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place so you get the most out of your study.
Save on the complete Ancient Faith collection when you order the Ancient Faith Biblical & Theological Studies Bundle (33 vols.). Get more resources and more savings when you bundle!
- Easily accessible biblical commentaries
- Contemporary applications and interpretations derived from literal Greek translations
- A balance of devotional and exegetical commentary
- The Gospel of Matthew: Torah for the Church
- The Gospel of Mark: The Suffering Servant
- The Gospel of Luke: Good News for the Poor
- The Gospel of John: Beholding the Glory
- The Acts of the Apostles: Spreading the Word
- The Epistle to the Romans: A Gospel for All
- First and Second Corinthians: Straight from the Heart
- Words of Fire: The Early Epistles of St. Paul to the Thessalonians and the Galatians
- The Prison Epistles: Philippians-Ephesians-Colossians-Philemon
- Sheperding the Flock: The Pastoral Epistels of Saint Paul the Apostle to Timothy and to Titus
- The Epistle to the Hebrews: High Priest in Heaven
- Universal Truth: The Catholic Epistles of James, Peter, Jude, and John
- The Apocalypse of St. John: A Revelation of Love and Power
Shepherding the Flock: The Pastoral Epistles of Saint Paul the Apostle to Timothy and to Titus
- Author: Lawrence R. Farley
- Series: Orthodox Bible Study Companion Series
- Publisher: Ancient Faith Publishing
- Publication Date: 2008
- Pages: 144
About Lawrence R. Farley
Archpriest Lawrence R. Farley currently pastors St. Herman of Alaska Orthodox Mission (OCA) in Langley, Canada. He received his BA from Trinity College, Toronto, and his MDiv from Wycliffe College, Toronto. A former Anglican priest, he converted to Orthodoxy in 1985 and studied for two years at St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Seminary in Pennsylvania. He has also published A Daily Calendar of Saints and gives a regular podcast called Coffee Cup Commentaries.