After more than 30 years of preaching and ministry, John Piper continues to teach and influence Christians. Perfect for building your library or continuing your study of Piper’s theology, this diverse collection includes some of his most significant devotional and academic works. There are volumes on important figures of the faith—Augustine, Luther, Bunyan, Wilberforce, and Edwards—as well as instruction for Christian living and spiritual reflection.
Find words of encouragement and practical applications for use in personal study and preaching. Whether you are trying to grasp timely and difficult theological questions, to better understand specific biblical passages, or to live more faithfully, this collection can help guide you along the way in your faith journey.
With the Logos editions of these impactful books, these works are fully searchable and Scripture references appear on mouseover in your preferred translation. All resources are linked with the other volumes in your Logos library for more comprehensive reading, research, and Bible study.
Interested in more? Check out the John Piper Christian Life and Ministry Collection (10 vols.)
- Provides a diverse selection of titles written by one of the most influential pastors in America
- Addresses timeless topics in Christianity
- Offers practical applications for your faith journey
- Assists in the study of theological questions
- Discusses important figures of the faith
- Beyond the Bounds: Open Theism and the Undermining of Biblical Christianity edited by John Piper, Justin Taylor, and Paul K. Helseth
- Bloodlines: Race, Cross, and the Christian
- Contending for Our All: Defending Truth and Treasuring Christ in the Lives of Athanasius, John Owen, and J. Gresham Machen
- Counted Righteous in Christ: Should We Abandon the Imputation of Christ’s Righteousness?
- Don’t Waste Your Cancer
- Don’t Waste Your Life
- Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die
- Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ: The Cost of Bringing the Gospel to the Nations in the Lives of William Tyndale, Adoniram Judson, and John Paton
- Finish the Mission: Bringing the Gospel to the Unreached and Unengaged edited by John Piper and David Mathis
- The Future of Justification: A Response to N.T. Wright
- A God Entranced Vision of All Things: The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- God Is the Gospel: Meditations on God’s Love as the Gift of Himself
- God’s Passion for His Glory: Living the Vision of Jonathan Edwards; With the Complete Text of The End for Which God Created the World edited by John Piper and Jonathan Edwards
- The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Pray
- John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God
- The Legacy of Sovereign Joy: God’s Triumphant Grace in the Lives of Augustine, Luther, and Calvin
- Love Your Enemies: Jesus’ Love Command in the Synoptic Gospels and the Early Christian Paraenesis
- The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God
- This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence
- The Pastor as Scholar and the Scholar as Pastor: Reflections on Life and Ministry edited by David Mathis and Owen Strachan
- The Power of Words and the Wonder of God edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- Rethinking Retirement: Finishing Life for the Glory of Christ
- Risk Is Right: Better to Lose Your Life Than to Waste It
- The Roots of Endurance: Invincible Perseverance in the Lives of John Newton, Charles Simeon, and William Wilberforce
- Ruth: Under the Wings of God
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ
- Spectacular Sins: And Their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ
- Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God
- Thinking. Loving. Doing.: A Call to Glorify God with Heart and Mind edited by John Piper and David Mathis
- Velvet Steel: The Joy of Being Married to You: Selections from the Poems of John Piper
- What Jesus Demands from the World
- What’s the Difference?: Manhood and Womanhood Defined According to the Bible
- When I Don’t Desire God: How to Fight for Joy
- When the Darkness Will Not Lift: Doing What We Can While We Wait for God—and Joy
- With Calvin in the Theater of God: The Glory of Christ and Everyday Life edited by John Piper and David Mathis
About John Piper
John Piper(1946– ) is a widely respected theologian and bestselling author who served as pastor for Preaching and Vision of Bethlehem Baptist Church for 33 years. He still serves as chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary.
Piper attended Wheaton College where he majored in literature and minored in philosophy. He completed his bachelor of divinity at Fuller Theological Seminary, where he studied under Daniel Fuller. Piper received his doctorate in theology from the University of Munich and taught biblical studies for six years at Bethel College.
In 1994, Piper founded Desiring God Ministries, which provides Piper’s sermons, articles, and information on titles he has authored. One of his bestsellers, Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist, prompted the name of the ministry.