Human beings are the only creatures who ask questions. Major questions.
- Can I know that God exists?
- Am I the product of a blind evolutionary process or was I created by God?
- How strong is the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection?
- Is the Bible reliable and true?
- Do I have a destiny beyond my life on earth?
- Can evil be reconciled with belief in God who is both all-powerful and all-loving?
The Apologetics Study Bible is a unique resource designed to help people answer important and life-shaping questions. It provides this wealth of knowledge in one place enabling readers to know the reasons and evidences for the Christian hope and to articulate those reasons to others asking big questions.
Crafted by real people like you who have wrestled with the same questions and doubts you are facing now, the material in The Apologetics Study Bible features some of the leading thinkers of the twenty-first century, including Craig Blomberg, Darrel Bock, Charles Colson, Paul Copan, William Lane Craig, William Dembski, John Frame, Norman L. Geisler, Gary Habermas, Hank Hanegraaff, Philip E. Johnson, Walt Kaiser, Al Mohler, John Warwick Montgomery, J. P. Moreland, Thomas Schreiner, Ravi Zacharias, and many more.
- Introductions and notes for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible that provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture.
- Over 130 articles written by today’s leading Christian thinkers dealing with life’s ultimate questions
- Twisted Scripture Notes address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrines contrary to historic Christian teaching
- Biographical sketches of some of the greatest Christian apologists
- A timeline of Christian apologists and their works
- Charts showing important archaeological discoveries for both the Old and New Testaments
- A Chart showing how the manuscript evidence for the New Testament compares to that of other ancient documents
- Charts comparing world religions and the new religious movements
- Full color maps
- An extensive annotated bibliography
- And much more!
Praise for the Print Edition
Christians in the twenty-first century, as never before, must know what they believe and why they believe. They must be able to define and defend the faith. The Apologetics Study Bible will help equip a new generation of believers to do that with competency and conviction.
—Daniel L. Akin, president, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
When we share our faith with others, we often run into Bible passages that raise difficult questions. The Apologetics Study Bible deals with such problems…[and] also provides discussions of more general questions like the existence of God and the problem of evil…The Apologetics Study Bible is a useful tool for Christian witness.
—John Frame, Professor of Systematic Theology and Philosophy, Reformed
So many people today are asking fundamental questions about Christianity that it is important to have good apologetics tools to be able to recommend to them. I highly recommend a study Bible like this one that addresses such concerns.
—Stanley E. Porter, President and Dean, Professor of New Testament, McMaster Divinity College
About the Editors
Ted Cabal (B. A., M. A. Dallas Baptist University; M. Div., Ph. D. Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of Christian Philosophy and Applied Apologetics at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky. Once an ardent atheist, Dr. Cabal was converted while reading the New Testament Gospels.
Chad Owen Brand (B. A. Rockmont College, M. Div., Ph. D. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dr. Brand is gifted as a scholar, apologist, pastor, and student of contemporary culture and religion. He is co-editor and author of the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, and author of One Sacred Effort, available in the B&H Baptist History Collection (11 vols.).
E. Ray Clendenen (B. A. Rice University, Th. M. Dallas Theological Seminary, Ph. D. the University of Texas at Arlington) is Director of Academic Publishing, B & H Publishing Group, Nashville, Tennessee. He has been the architect of The Apologetics Study Bible within B & H Publishing Group.
Paul Copan (B. A. Columbia International University; M. A., M. Div. Trinity International University; Ph. D. Marquette University) holds the Pledger Family Chair of Philosophy and Ethics at Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, Florida. He is the author of True for You, But Not for Me, That’s Just Your Interpretation, and How Do You Know You’re Not Wrong?, as well as co-author of Creation Out of Nothing: A Biblical, Philosophical, and Scientific Exploration and Jesus’ Resurrection: Fact or Figment?
J. P. Moreland (B. S. University of Missouri; M. A. University of California, Riverside; Th.M. Dallas Theological Seminary; Ph.D. University of Southern California) is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, California. He has authored or co-authored numerous books and articles. Dr. Moreland served with Campus Crusade for ten years, planted two churches, and has spoken on over 200 college campuses.
Please Note: The Apologetics Study Bible does not contain the Bible text, but includes the study notes, articles, and all of the other great features found in the equivalent print version.