Classic Studies on Persecution in Early Christianity (7 vols.)•
As Christianity crossed national and cultural borders and the number of Christians swelled, the religion showed its revolutionary potential and threatened Roman authority. To suppress the growing faith, Roman government persecuted Christians in brutal and often grotesque ways. Emperors Nero, Vespasian, Titus, Domitian, Trajan, Hadrian, Valerian, Decius, and Diocletian each played a part in violently opposing the fastest growing religion of their time.
The Classic Studies on Persecution in Early Christianity (7 vols.) collection examines the persecution Christians faced under each of these emperors. The texts explore the historical context from a variety of angles, highlighting the conflict between Christian teachings and Roman administration, revealing not hate for a group of people, but fear of a revolution.
With Logos Bible Software, these valuable volumes are enhanced by cutting-edge research tools. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Historical examinations of the persecution early Christians faced
- Studies of each emperor who persecuted Christians
- A variety of angles and approaches to explore the conflict
- The Early Persecutions of the Christians by Leon Hardy Canfield
- Persecution in the Early Church: A Chapter in the History of Renunciation by Herbert B. Workman
- Christianity and the Roman Government: A Study in Imperial Administration by E. G. Hardy
- The Conflict of Christianity with Heathenism by Gerhard Uhlhorn
- The Valerian Persecution: A Study of the Relations Between Church and State in the Third Century A. D. by Patrick J. Healy
- The Decian Persecution by J. A. F. Gregg
- The Persecution of Diocletian: A Historical Essay by Arthur James Mason
- Title: Classic Studies on Persecution in Early Christianity
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 2,281