The Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms (7 vols.) is tailored to the distinctness of poetry and Wisdom literature. It provides students and pastors with a careful reading of the text and its theological implications. These volumes include:
- Emphasis on the message of the biblical book
- Special attention to poetic structure and literary devices
- Incisive comments based on the author’s translation of the Hebrew text
- Exegetical rigor, incorporating linguistic, historical, and canonical insights
- Closing reflections on each section that explore the text’s theological dimensions
- Textual notes that provide resources for advanced readers
The commentaries in the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms series are both scholarly and readable, presenting a theological, historical, and applicable survey of the riches of Wisdom literature. In the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links to your favorite translation and is easy to study side-by-side with your other commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with split-second results!
- Each volume includes an introduction and a bibliography
- Subject index, author index, and an index of Scripture and other ancient writings
- Logos edition provides integrated access to Scripture references
Praise for the Print Edition
The Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms offers a series of substantial volumes on these OT books. . . . Useful tools for study and teaching.
Geared toward clergy and seminary students, this new series is also accessible to nonscholars.
- Title: Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms
- Series: Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms
- Publisher: Baker
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 4,048