Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33 (Revised Edition)
Thomas Nelson 2005
The Word Biblical Commentary series provides an exceptional resource for the professional theologian and instructor, the seminary or university student, the working minister, and everyone concerned with building theological understanding from a solid base of biblical scholarship.
Dr. Watts has revisited this work he produced almost twenty years ago, with a view to updating it in light of current scholarship. He continues to hold to the unity of Isaiah, rather than ascribing it to two or three composers or schools.
Dr. Watts' discussion includes:
- the book's composition;
- its significance as literature and as theology;
- its plot, characterization, style, and motifs;
- the religious, political, and social nature of its earliest audiences;
- the changing role of prophecy in Israel's society; and
- its influence in early Judaism and the New Testament, in church history, and in Western literature
- Title: Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 24: Isaiah 1-33 (Revised Edition)
- Authors: John D. W. Watts
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers
- Publication Date: 2005
- Pages: 500