Paul and Pauline Theology Collection (15 vols.)
by 12 authors Sampley, J. Paul, Rhoads, David, Esler, Philip F., Stendahl, Krister, Gunkel, Hermann, Donaldson, Terence L., Sanders, E. P., Taylor, Walter F., Jr., Beker, J. Christiaan, Míguez, Néstor O., Marchal, Joseph A., Cousar, Charles B.
Fortress Press 1976–2012
The Paul and Pauline Theology Collection presents 15 volumes of in-depth study on Paul’s works, thought, world, and legacy. It includes contributions from top New Testament scholars, including Krister Stendahl, Christiaan Beker, E.P. Sanders, Terence L. Donaldson, and others. Citing ancient and modern sources and using the latest scholarly methods, this collection allows readers to view Paul in fresh light. Learn how to apply Paul’s teaching to contemporary preaching, teaching, and spiritual formation. Discover what Paul’s relationship to Jewish tradition and thought was. Explore this important and controversial figure’s moral reasoning and his mission in Rome’s political context. The collection also includes analyses of Paul’s views on numerous topics, including missions, the Law, Gentile salvation, the Holy Spirit, and Christ’s death, resurrection, and return.
Logos Bible Software dramatically improves the value of the Paul and Pauline Theology Collection by enabling you to find what you’re looking for with unparalleled speed and precision. The Logos edition is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages link directly to your preferred English translation and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of resources in your digital library.
- Studies Paul’s life, work, and legacy
- Analyzes specific aspects of Paul’s theology
- Presents current methods in Pauline scholarship
- The Challenge of Diversity: The Witness of Paul and the Gospels by David Rhoads
- Conflict and Identity in Romans: The Social Setting of Paul’s Letter by Philip F. Esler
- Final Account: Paul’s Letter to the Romans by Krister Stendahl
- The Influence of the Holy Spirit: The Popular View of the Apostolic Age and the Teaching of the Apostle by Hermann Gunkel
- Paul Among Jews and Gentiles and Other Essays by Krister Stendahl
- Paul: Apostle to the Nations: An Introduction by Walter F. Taylor Jr.
- Paul and the Gentiles: Remapping the Apostle’s Convictional World by Terence L. Donaldson
- Paul the Apostle: The Triumph of God in Life and Thought by J. Christiaan Beker
- Paul, the Law, and the Jewish People by E.P. Sanders
- Paul’s Apocalyptic Gospel: The Coming Triumph of God by J. Christiaan Beker
- The Practice of Hope: Ideology and Intention in 1 Thessalonians by Néstor O. Míguez
- Studying Paul’s Letters: Contemporary Perspectives and Methods by Joseph A. Marchal
- A Theology of the Cross: The Death of Jesus in the Pauline Letters by Charles B. Cousar
- The Triumph of God: The Essence of Paul’s Thought by J. Christiaan Beker
- Walking between the Times: Paul’s Moral Reasoning by J. Paul Sampley
- Title: Paul and Pauline Theology Collection
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Volumes: 15
- Pages: 3,689