Jumpstart your sermon planning with Study, Apply, Share: James—a resource for preparing and presenting sermons and coordinating your worship services. For each biblical paragraph covered, Study, Apply, Share: James does the work of several resources: it identifies interpretation issues, provides application suggestions, and suggests worship service ideas. Elegant, professionally designed slides allow you to include biblical statistics in your sermons for illustration.
Study, Apply, Share:
- Jumpstarts the sermon- and worship-planning process—Sermon and worship planning requires time, creativity, and energy. This series gives you a head start on the planning process, so you don’t have to start from scratch every week.
- Saves time—No need to read stacks of commentaries to discover the interpretive issues.
- Suggests links into your Logos library—You will see instantly which of your commentaries discuss a given issue, so you will know where to turn first.
- Introduces new resources—You will know, perhaps even before you own it, that a particular commentary discusses an issue you want to explore.
- Applies passages—The application suggestions are written by a scholarly pastor who knows both the ancient text and modern audiences.
- Provides intriguing, presentable biblical data, ready to share—Professionally designed slides present interesting statistics, saving you the time it would take to find visual illustrations or create slides on your own.
- Aids in worship planning—The worship service ideas suggest how to incorporate the theme of the passage; this reinforces the message of your sermon and makes worship services more memorable.
Explore interpretation issues and reach your own conclusions. Choose the application most appropriate for your faith community. Foster the creativity you need to plan dynamic worship services. Study, Apply, Share: James helps you maximize your time by minimizing preparation time, giving you the freedom to minister to your congregation without sacrificing the quality of your weekly service.
This volume is available as part of the Pastorum Series Collection (14 vols.).
Key Features of Each Volume
- Series Introduction
- Book Overview
- For each passage:
- Study: 5–7 questions with corresponding links to Logos resources that discuss those questions (one link per question)
- Apply: 2 application ideas that focus on 2 different themes from the passage
- Share: 2 memorable worship service ideas that coordinate with the message and help solidify the application
- Share: Slides with statistical graphs that bring intrigue to presentations and insight to study. Professionally designed, they explore James’ themes, ideas, and words and compare it to other biblical books.
- Title: Study, Apply, Share: James
- Author: Jeffrey E. Miller
- Series: Pastorum Series
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2012
About Jeffrey E. Miller
Jeffrey E. Miller is the author of Hazards of Being a Man, has served as contributing editor on three commentaries, and is the coauthor of the Zondervan Dictionary of Bible and Theology Words and A New Reader’s Lexicon of Greek New Testament. With a Master of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary, he has pastored for 11 years and taught for three.