Regardless of your leadership position or the relationship you have with others, when you speak your words influence lives. Award-winning author James N. Watkins examines biblical and behavioral principles for persuasive communication and the practical ways you can enhance your leadership of others through the power of the written and spoken word.
With the Logos Bible Software edition of Communicate to Change Lives in Person and Print, you can go deeper in your study on leadership and communication. All Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of "motivation" or "integrity."
- Foreword by Dr. Dennis E. Hensley
- Principles for writing and teaching to change lives
- Part 1: Changing Lives with Intelligence
- Knowing Your Goal
- Knowing Your Audience
- Knowing the Techniques of Good Organization
- Knowing the Techniques of Good Writing and Speaking
- Knowing the Techniques of Effective Persuasion
- Knowing the Traps of Ineffective Persuasion
- Part 2: Changing Lives with Intensity
- Using Psychological Appeals
- Using Humor as a Persuasive Tool
- Using Stories, Illustrations, Testimonies
- Part 3: Changing Lives with Integrity
- Demonstrating Moral Integrity and Pure Motives
- Demonstating Pure Motivation vs. Manipulation
- Part 4: Changing Lives Through . . .
- Changing Lives Through . . . Speaking
- Changing Lives Through . . . Writing
- Changing Lives Through . . . Deliberating
Praise for the Print Edition
Jim Watkins is an effective communicator who writes to change lives. Changing Lives is essential for anyone who would do the same.
—Bob Hostetler, Best-selling Author
As a writer, speaker, and teacher of writing, Jim knows what he is talking about. Best of all, he knows how to put the teaching at a level that we can easily grasp and apply.
—Roger Palms, Former Editor, Decision Magazine
It's a rare book that entertains even as it teaches. This one does both . . . funny, wise, and authentic.
—Holly Miller, Senior Editor, The Saturday Evening Post
- Title: Communicate to Change Lives in Person and Print
- Author: James N. Watkins
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2007
- Pages: 160
About James N. Watkins
James N. Watkins is the author of twelve books and over two thousand articles and is a popular speaker at writers conferences across North America and overseas. His books have won a Campus Life Book of the Year award and the Christian Retailers Choice Award for Best Series. Jim is an ordained minister in The Wesleyan Church.