Upon entering a discussion of the seventh century, one often finds little with which he is familiar. Yet despite such unfamiliarity, the work of God through the church of Christ endured — even through times of religious and political upheaval. For this reason, the theme of the August 2007 issue of Tabletalk focuses on the seventh century. While by no means intended to provide a complete history of this century, Tabletalk aims to present several of its highlights by exploring its historical and theological ramifications.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Patrick Needham, Abdul Saleeb, Patrick Sookhdeo, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
Since Genesis has such a prominent place in history, the 2007 Bible studies continue from 2006 with Part 2 of this book.
- "War and Peace" by Burk Parsons
- "The Athanasian Creed" by R. C. Sproul
- "The Rise of Islam" by Patrick Sookhdeo
- "The Lone Monk" by Nick Needham
- "When Christianity Shaped the Arts" by Gene Edward Veith
- "The Holiness of Pastors and Patriarchs" by Burk Parsons
- "Finding God in the Dark" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "Patterns of Providence" by Warren A. Gage
- "Bound to Come Some Trouble" by Chris Larson
- "Opportunity and Opposition" by Abdul Saleeb
- "We Wrestle Not with Flesh and Blood" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Cultural Evangelism Seventh-Century Style" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, August 2007: Conflict in the East
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: August 2007
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.