The November 2009 issue of Tabletalk looks at Charles Darwin and discusses the ramifications of his theories and Christian responses to them.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Allan Fisher, Keith A. Mathison, Russ Pulliam, David A. Robertson, Rod Rosenbladt, R. C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "All Truth Is God’s Truth" by R. C. Sproul
- "On the Origin and Descent of Charles Darwin" by Russ Pulliam
- "Debating Darwinism" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Godly Mothers" by Tom Ascol
- "Theological Cruelty" by Terry L. Johnson
- "Majoring on the Minors" by John P. Sartelle
- "Christ’s Threefold Office" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by David A. Robertson
- "For the Church" by Allan Fisher
- "Generation to Generation" by Rod Rosenbladt
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, November 2009: Darwin and Darwinism
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: November 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.