Be Amazed (Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Malachi)
Wiersbe's "Be" Series on the Old Testament—Practical, devotional, and concise describes the "Be" series. Each of these mini-commentaries contains a wealth of practical insight into God's Word. This resource provides commentary on the books of six minor prophets: Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk and Malachi.
"To be surprised, to wonder, is to begin to understand." —Ortega y Gasset
We live in a world filled with artificial marvels, and too many of us have forgotten how to Be Amazed
The neglected writers called "The Minor Prophets" call us back to a life of amazement and achievement as they remind us of:
- God's jealous love (Hosea) The man who married a prostitute so he could demonstrate the love of God for His people.
- God's glorious kingdom (Joel) The Day of the Lord is coming, and the world stands unprepared!
- God's gracious long-suffering (Jonah, Nahum) Can anybody run away from God? Does God close His eyes when nations sin?
- God's righteous judgment (Habakkuk) God calls a wicked nation to punish His own people for their sins!
- God's contemptuous people (Malachi) Are we taking God's blessings for granted? Are we giving the Lord our best?
The messages of these six Minor Prophets point the way to an attitude of wonder and worship that can transform your life.
- Title: Be Amazed
- Author: Warren W. Wiersbe
- Series: Wiersbe's "Be" Series
About Warren Wiersbe
Dr. Warren Wiersbe has served as Writer-in-Residence at Cornerstone College in Grand Rapids, MI. He has pastored three churches, including Moody Church in Chicago. He also served as General Director and Bible teacher for Back to the Bible Broadcast.