Libronix DLS in Windows 7 & Vista: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is Libronix compatible with the Windows 7 & Vista operating system?
- Q: Is Libronix compatible with 64-bit Windows operating systems?
- Q: Have the locations of Libronix files changed in Windows 7 & Vista?
- Q: Are there any installation issues in Windows 7 or Vista I should know about?
- Q: Can I restore a LOGOS.LSB file in Libronix on a Windows 7 or Vista computer?
A: Yes; Libronix does work in Windows 7 or Vista, however, you will want to update to version 3.0g for complete compatibility. To check the current version of Libronix installed on your computer, click on Help | About Libronix DLS. If it is version 3.0c or below, and you are connected to the Internet, click on Tools | Libronix Update to download and install the latest version. This may be a very large download, depending on your current version. If you have a dial-up connection, you may want to order our Media-only DVD or CD set.
A: Yes; Libronix will run in 64-bit versions of Windows. Since Libronix is a 32-bit program, it will be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\.
A: The Libronix DLS program folder is in the same location, C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\ for 64-bit versions) . All other folder paths have changed:
- User Documents = \Documents\Libronix DLS (full path: C:\Users\username\Documents). This folder includes Annotations, Workspaces, Prayer Lists, etc. (In Windows XP the path was C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Libronix DLS.)
- Back up the Libronix DLS folder in this location to restore user documents to a new or second computer.
- User Preferences = C:\Users\username\AppData*\Roaming\Libronix DLS\Library\Preferences . This folder includes Home Page settings, KeyLink Options, Preferred Books, etc. (In Windows XP the path was C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Libronix DLS\Library\Preferences).
- Back up the Libronix DLS folder in this location to restore user preferences to a new or second computer.
- Cache, Licenses, and Preferences = C:\ProgramData*\Libronix DLS\Library. These folders include the system cache (resource list), license file, and resource path preferences. (In Windows XP the path was C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Libronix DLS\Library.)
- Back up only the Licenses folder in this location to restore user licenses to a new or second computer. (The licenses can also be restored by entering current Customer ID and Confirmation Code in Account Management and Synchronizing Licenses on the new computer.)
* AppData and ProgramData are hidden folders. To unhide them:
- Open Computer.
- Click on the Organize toolbar button.
- Select Folder and Search Options.
- Click on the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and click OK.
A: Please see our support article Missing Resources After Updating to 3.0c or Above in Vista & Windows 7.
A: There are additional permission controls in Windows 7 & Vista, especially if User Account Control (UAC) is turned on. Below are some of the screens you may see when installing the Libronix Digital Library System in Vista.
- By default, AutoPlay is turned on, so when you insert a CD/DVD in the drive, the first window to appear may be the AutoPlay window asking what you want to do: Install or run program or Open folders to view files. Click on Run Setup.exe to install Libronix. (There is a box you can check to Always do this for software and games, which will keep this window from appearing every time you install software from a CD or DVD.)
- The next screen will be the Libronix Update window asking "Do you want to install the Libronix Digital Library System?." Click Yes.
- If UAC is turned on, a window will appear that says "A program needs your permission to continue. If you started this program, continue." The program listed will be Setup Launcher-Libronix Corporation. Click on Continue.
A: Version 3.0g supports the restoration of a LOGOS.LSB license backup file from the Logos Library System (LLS). If you receive the error below, you will need to update to the latest version . If you need assistance installing your LLS licenses in Libronix, please contact Customer Support by phone at (800) 875-6467 or by email at email@example.com.