Have humans descended from apes, or was man specially created? Do humans have unique characteristics and abilities that set them apart from all the animals? The answers to these crucial questions determine whether man is just an animal or a special spiritual being. This book shows that there is overwhelming evidence that man has a Creator. The book contains many diagrams and includes explanations of:
- Similarities between humans and apes,
- Unique characteristics and abilities of humans,
- Unique beauty of humans,
- Archaeological and fossil evidence,
- The importance and relevance of the origins debate.
Praise for the Print Edition
How God made man, by what process, we do not know. We do know it was not by chance. This tour de force instills reverence and great admiration for God’s creation. It is a thought-provoking and powerfully argued book.
—Professor Andrew Sims, emeritus professor of Psychiatry, University of Leeds
- Title: The Origin of Man: The Image of an Ape or the Image of God?
- Author: Stuart Burgess
- Publisher: Day One Publications
- Publication Date: 2004
- Pages: 192
About Stuart Burgess
Stuart Burgess is a reader in engineering design at Bristol University. His research areas include the study of design in nature. He previously worked in industry, designing rocket and satellite systems for the European Space Agency.